So, you know how fashion goes through trends? And changes? Like, they used to do colored jeans and scarfs and afros and wigs. And then they switched to bell bottoms. Which turned into flared jeans. And then they did skinny jeans. And now they're doing the colored jeans again.
Well, blogging goes through trends too. Cake batter used to be EVERYWHERE. Now, it's not totally out of "style", but there are different things.
In the fall, everyone was doing BTS Cakes. They still are, but not as much.
Now what everyone's doing is gooey butter cake and magic bars. Actually the gooey butter cake thing was kind of a December thing.
So yeah, magic bars are popular right now. So are 7 layer bars, but they're just harder. All those extra layers and such. (Okay, so there's one extra layer. That's still an extra ingredient!)
So, to be all trendy, I decided to make some.
Almond Joy ones.
I actually used to hate almond joys. It was just around Easter last year that I started liking them.
And now I can't remember why I ever didn't like them.
I mean, they are just. so. good.
The chocolate. The gooey coconut. The crunchy little almond on top. How could anyone not like that?
So, because I wanted to stay all hip and trendy and do magic bars, but still wanted to eat almond joys, I did both.
I made Almond Joy Magic Bars.
I'm a great multi-tasker don't ya think?
Almond Joy Magic Bars
A fun twist on the popular magic bar. With a brownie crust for the first layer, these just get better by adding almond joys, coconut, almonds, chocolate chips all topped off with sweetened condensed milk.
Ingredients:
- 1 box Brownie Mix (19.5 ounces)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 8 almond joys, chopped
- 1/4 shredded coconut
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup almonds
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x13” pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Beat
brownie mix, butter, and egg in a mixer fitted with the paddle
attachment until combined. (Mixture will be thick.) Press into the
bottom of the prepared pan.
Sprinkle
the chopped almond joys, coconut, almonds, and chocolate
chips over the brownie crust. Pour the sweetened condensed milk over the almond joy mixture.
Bake
28-30 minutes, until edges of brownies begin to brown. Let cool
completely before slicing into bars.
MAJORLY adapted from Crazy for Crust

So I'll tell you what all these layers are. So that you'll get really hungry and eat them and like me.
The first layer is a brownie crust. Next is chopped almond joys. Then I add shredded coconut, which is followed by chocolate chips. Which of course is followed by almonds. And then all the deliciousness is drenched in sweetened condensed milk. Of course!
These photos came from Juggling with Julia (she made coconut chocolate almond cookie bars)
MAJORLY adapted from Crazy for Crust
So I'll tell you what all these layers are. So that you'll get really hungry and eat them and like me.
The first layer is a brownie crust. Next is chopped almond joys. Then I add shredded coconut, which is followed by chocolate chips. Which of course is followed by almonds. And then all the deliciousness is drenched in sweetened condensed milk. Of course!
These photos came from Juggling with Julia (she made coconut chocolate almond cookie bars)
No comments:
Post a Comment