(This is pretty close to what I made, but I didn't have chocolate chips, and I drizzled white and yellow candy melts all over it.)
The store that my family goes to the most is the dollar store. You know, the one where EVERYTHING is just a dollar. EVERYTHING. So they don't even have price tags.
Well, we just love it. I mean they sell a HUGE variety of stuff.
My brothers always go there to buy baseball cards. I usually get stuff for my babysitting kit (it's a totally genius idea, I'll probably talk about it tomorrow) . My sister usually just looks at stuff, and occasionally buys something. We all usually buy treats if we have enough money left over.
My favorite thing to get is cookie dough bites (which I'll talk more about next week, and yes I realize that link takes you to ridiculously expensive cookie dough, just buy it at your dollar store and it will be five dollars less).
But when I walked in today, I saw candy corn. Huge piles. It was their item of the week. I grabbed three bags, and completely forgot why I had even come in in the first place. But it was okay, because I had all that delicious candy corn.
When I got home, I began a very scientific experiment. What happens if you put candy corn in the microwave. What I found is what I will post tomorrow. But what it makes is a crunchy coating. It stuck to the bottom of the bowl and I couldn't get it out.
But I kept thinking, what could I make with that hard coating?
Finally it came to me. Popcorn. Most caramel corn is hard and crunchy. I like mine soft and sticky, gooey and sweet. But others like it hard. I've come to a homemade caramel corn that is kind of in between. It's not as crunchy as the other kinds, but it's not as gooey and sticky.
It's perfect.
This popcorn, however, is the hard crunchy kind. But I got past my texture issues because of how stinking good it is. This is seriously addictive people.
So you melt the candy corn. This is very fun to watch. Then VERY QUICKLY pour it onto the popcorn. You'll want to have everything ready beforehand so that this is very fast.
After it cools, you can basically be done.
But I added some candy corns to mine to jazz it up, along with some yellow and white candy melts drizzled on top, so it looked kind of like this
Probably the cutest looking version of candy corn popcorn I found was this
Doesn't taste anything at all like mine, but it definitely looks cute.
Anyways, this is a super easy recipe that requires almost zero effort, so go make it right now!
Candy Corn Popcorn
Popcorn covered in melted candy corn, drizzle with candy melts.
Ingredients:
- Popped Popcorn
- 3/4 cup of candy corn (you can add more or less depending on how coated you want your popcorn)
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp of vanilla
- optional 1/4 tsp of sea salt
CREDITS: The Fitnessista, I heart naptime, Macaroni Kid
No comments:
Post a Comment