Monday, January 14, 2013

Skinny Monkey

 
I love Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. The flavors are so creative, and delicious. But I have an issue with the names. Chubby Hubby, Phish Food, Shweedy Balls, and of course Chunky Monkey. They stick in your head, and if you think about the name, your head will be filled with images of chubby husbands, fish food, tennis balls covered in sweat, and fat monkeys. Not fun things to think about. Unless you have a brand new goldfish. In which case, fish food would make you think of your new pet fish that you love.


I've never been allowed to have pets. Because of my mom. I'm pretty sure that if my mom was nuetral on animals, we'd have a dog by now. And I would have the pet frog I've always wanted. And we'd have bunnies.

See, whenever we ask our mom about getting a pet, she'll say something about bunny poop being a great fertilizer for your garden.
So I actually asked her if we could get a bunny. They should be pretty cheap because rabbits have a zillion bunnies at a time, and they get pregnant like ten times. So they should be cheap, because they should be in abundance.

But she said something about how if my room is dirty, we can't get a bunny. BTW, my room was clean that day.

So, if I want an animal, I'll have to have one at college.

If I could have a dream pet, it would be a frog. Because they're cheap, and fun and, well, they're frogs. I actually called my dad while he was at worked and asked him if I could get a frog. He was fine with it. Then I asked my mom. She said frogs stink. If I got a frog I would smell bad.

Of course, if I can't have a frog, I'll settle for second best. A monkey.

Ever wonder why chunky monkey is called that? Because it will make you chunky. It has calories. This monkey is skinny. So you can eat as much as you want. Which is probably a bad thing, but let's pretend it's good.

Really good.  


Skinny Monkey
There's a new monkey on the block
Ingredients:
  • 1 package Banana (or Vanilla) Pudding
  • 3 Bananas
  • 1/2 cup Chopped Walnuts
  • 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips
  • 2 cups Skim Milk
Directions: Combine pudding mix and skim milk and stir until well mixed. Set in the fridge for 1 hour. Add walnuts, chocolate chips, and sliced bananas and stir. Serve!

Adapted from Createlive
 BTW, do not google chunky monkey. Want to know what showed up?




An actual fat monkey!!! I was expecting ice cream and I got a fat monkey!!



But let's not leave here thinking of fat monkeys. No, let's think of the new monkey on the block. Skinny Monkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...