DISCLAIMER: This is actually my idea, no one elses, but my camera's broken (waaah!) and I still wanted to have a picture for the post. This beautiful photo is from the lovely Melanie who blogs over at Just Some Salt and Pepper. She made some Coconut Hot Cocoa, looks to die for yum! Go check out her blog!
I've finally cracked.
You can only be skinny for so long.
Sorry. I know you want to be healthy, but I wanna be delicious. Ya get it? Plus, I predicted this. Right at the very first skinny post. (it says, my plan was to do a week of skinny recipes, but I'm not gonna commit myself to that so I'll just try to post skinny recipes. proving that I knew this would fail, and cushioned the fall for you.)
See, I really was going to be skinny for a whole week for you. I really was! Buuuuut, I had gym.
Gym is the worst class ever. The only thing that makes it worthwhile is that I can do it instead of TLC, and one of my besties is there. And the best part of all, is that gym is great for food bloggers.
I come up with all my best ideas there. I'll be running and thinking, remember that totally genius idea that was on that isolated blog that no one reads?I should make that on my isolated blog that no one reads. I come up with sooooo many ideas from gym class. And then I forget them. What I try to do is think about them while changing and then when I get to my next class, I write them down.
This cocoa? Yeah, totally gym inspired. Sooo, in a way, if you think about it, this is still a skinny recipe. Because you will hear my awesome gym theory and then go to the gym and work out and get skinny so you can get awesome ideas too.
This cocoa has melted vanilla ice cream and coconut in it. That's what gives it it's snowball flavor. I've seen snow cocoa before, but it's just white chocolate cocoa. Or vanilla hot cocoa. Mine actually tastes like ice cream snowballs. Now that I think about this, I really should have done a snowball week. Oh well.
This cocoa is PERFECT for when you just come in from a fun day in the snow, wanting something to warm you up that's not the same old thing, but still just as easy as the mix.
Snowball Cocoa
Tastes just like your favorite snowball summer treat, but in winter form
Prep Time: 5 min Cook Time: 10 min Total Time: 15 min Serves: 4
Ingredients:
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 pint of vanilla ice cream
- 5 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup of shredded coconut
Adapted from Betty Crocker
Pictures from Just Some Salt and Pepper
No comments:
Post a Comment