So, this is a dessert that I actually made. Not just thought of, but made. You'd think this means that I'd take pictures, but, my chocolate melted in with the oatmeal, and it looked like something you'd find in a toilet.
So I'm using different pictures.
I've been doing a horrible job of giving credit to the photos I've posted. I'll try to do it on Friday Recap. Sorry!
Anyways, let's get on to the recipe.
So the flavor combo in almond joy is coconut, chocolate and almonds. Just in case ya didn't know. That reminds me of samoas, which is coconut, chocolate and caramel. That makes me think I could do a samoa oatmeal, but that's already been done by Ashton.
I used to think that Samoas desserts were, like, well, actually Samoan. Like from Samoan people. So imagine the word Russian meant peanut butter and caramel. And someone made Russian bread, meaning peanut butter caramel bread. I'd think they were making bread that came from Russia. So when someone posted Samoas oatmeal, I'd think they were talking about oatmeal that Samoan people would eat. So I was majorly confused when Ashton did a Samoas week. Now I get it.
With almond joys though, there has never been any confusion.
So I'm totally used to healthy hot cereal. We have grits for breakfast. But, I'm used to loading it up with sugar. I actually have cut back on that, and don't put as much on as I used to, but I still put some on. Since this recipe is healthy, it didn't have as much sugar. So I added some to mine. So, yeah, mine wasn't as healthy as it should have been. But since I still wanted to be able to post a skinny recipe, I decided to add a low-call sweetener. I used Splenda, you can use whatever you want. I didn't include amounts with the sugar, because it's really up to you and what kind of sweetener you choose.
Either way, this is a breakfast you can enjoy, and still feel good about eating.
Almond Joy Oatmeal
Breakfast that tastes like your favorite candy bar, and is still good for you!
serves 2 Prep Time:5 min Cook Time:5 min Total Time:10 min
Ingredients:
- 1 C old fashioned oats
- 2 C unsweetened, vanilla almond milk (I use Almond Breeze)
- 4 T shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 4 T sliced almonds
- 4 tsp chocolate chips (semi-sweet is best)
- Pinch of salt
- Low Cal Sweetener (however much you want to add)
Directions: Prepare the oats according to your favorite method, stove top or
microwave. Once cooked, stir in the coconut, almonds and salt and top
with chocolate chips. You can eat it like that, or sir in the chocolate so it gets melty and
gooey.
Adapted from Cookin' Cowgirl
No comments:
Post a Comment