So I realize it's the new year and your all fun and sparkly and full of resolutions to lose weight. (pretty sure I blew those yesterday).
I honestly, don't really care about losing weight. But I have been the past few weeks (losing weight I mean, I still don't care, I've just been losing it unintentionally). Why, you ask. Well.
I got braces.
Do you hear me? I GOT BRACES.
I don't think braces were ever meant to be on your teeth. I think they were meant to be a torture device, but dentists and all those other teeth people mixed up their meaning.
Because, seriously, this has been torture.
You cannot eat ANYTHING!!!
The first days were AGONY. My teeth hurt round the clock, so I actually started to feel like constant pain was normal. I'd kind of forget about it and then in gym class I'd think, what's wrong?, something just feels wrong, oh yeah, I have braces, that's what's wrong.
Luckily that's gone. Now my teeth are no longer in a constant state of pain. But I still can't eat anything. That's not usually what happens. But because I have an over bite, my teeth hit my braces. Let me explain. When my teeth bite down, now there is a bracket sticking out on my bottom tooth, where there used to be nothing. So my already tender teeth crashing down on a hard piece of metal makes me die of pain. Really. On my way to my locker, I accidentally closed my mouth (I can close my mouth, just not all the way. ) I almost cried it hurt so bad. Seriously, my eyes starting watering (which messed up my makeup which really stinks).
But back to the weight loss thing. 90% of what I eat is snacks (well that's a major exaggeration, seeing how the only time I snack is before and after dinner) and now, well, there's not many snacks I can eat. This normally would be good, it would make me eat healthier, but almost all fruits and veggies that are in season right now are crunchy or chewy. The only health foods I can eat is applesauce and bananas. Applesauce is definitely out because my mom buys the sugar free kind so my baby brother can eat it. So yeah, bananas.
So as a result I've been losing weight and not getting enough fruits and veggies. I've been trying to change that with soups though (if it's cooked it's soft.) I haven't lost much weight, just enough that my skinny jeans look baggy. Skinny jeans should not look baggy. That's why they are called skinny jeans. They were already a little loose to begin with because they were a size too big. The ones that fit me shrunk, so these are the only skinny jeans I have.
So I don't even need to TRY to lose weight. But it turns out some of you lovelies do (not calling you fat, just saying you like to be healthy. and lose ten pounds at the same time as an added bonus.) Oh and don't be concerned about me becoming like a toothpick, I'm pretty sure I ate my weight in pudding cups that "Santa" left me.
So anyways (have you noticed that I start like every sentence/paragraph with the word "so") I've decided to post skinny recipes. Originally my plan was to do a week of skinny recipes, but I'm not gonna commit myself to that so I'll just try to post skinny recipes.
First skinny recipe up, cake batter dip!
This is hugely popular. I've seen it all over pinterest and other places too. For a good reason too. Not only is it healthy, it only has three ingredients and comes together in a snap! So I figured it was time I posted it. I've been a little shy of greek yogurt (largely due to the fact that you can switch it with sour cream. Normal people do not eat sour cream for breakfast). I used this recipe to kind of help me get over that. Boy did it ever! This stuff is insanely good. You cannot dip just once.
Skinny Cake Batter Dip
Good for you cake batter dip? It's almost too good to be true. Almost.
Ingredients:
- 3 tbsp. funfetti cake mix (I had to use classic white and add sprinkles)
- 2 tbsp. greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Lite Cool Whip
This recipe can be found all around the web. I used pictures from Southern Living Yankee
No comments:
Post a Comment