Okay so these suckers are probably the easiest suckers you'll ever find.
You don't even have to use a candy thermometer, and they only have one ingredient!
Yesterday I learned that when you melt the candy corn, it is soft at first, then becomes very hard. I scraped the hard pieces out of the bowl and sucked on them. They were actually very good.
If you wanted to go the easiest route possible with these, you can just put globs of melted candy corn on wax paper. Or a silpat. Then just rip them off and eat them.
But if you want suckers, you'll need circle sucker molds, sucker sticks, and orange, yellow and white candy melts.
At least that's what I did.
I of course, googled it. No one's ever actually done it my way! There were some people who made just normal suckers with food coloring, and then just stuck a candy corn on top. That looked sort of close to what mine looked like before I added the candy melts.
The other thing I saw people doing was they got candy corn shaped molds and poured the candy melts in.
So mine don't really look like any of the pictures I'm posting unless you kind of put them together.
Actually, mine kind of looked like this.
But that's not what I made.
Anyways, I actually found some tutorial pictures that kind of look like what I did.
So you all get a tutorial!
How to make candy corn suckers:
You will need: candy corn, orange white and yellow candy melts, sucker molds and sucker sticks
1. Melt the candy corn
Once it looks like this
you pour it into the molds (that you have sprayed with non stick spray previously)
2. The other option is to just carefully put it on the baking sheets in little circles
Press the sucker sticks into the circles.
3. Cool and let harden. If you are doing first variation, pop out of the molds.
4. Put candy melts on top in this order, white, orange and yellow so that it looks like a circular candy corn.
5. Let harden and eat!
Photo Credits:I edited Small Fry

No comments:
Post a Comment