So I was just looking at some things I pinned on pinterest (my mom and I share the same board).
On my fall pinboard to be exact.
One of the things I saw was Christi's Halloween Tigger Tail Pops. The tigger tail flavor combo is marshmallow caramel and white chocolate. Just kind of keep that in mind.
So then I went to gym (I probably say this every post. Ha! Well, it's true, my best ideas come from gym), and I just kept thinking tiger ice cream. I kept trying to push it out of my head because I thought it would be gross.
Because it would have to be orange with black stripes. Which in my head = orange ice cream base and licorice swirl. Which just sounds kind of gross to me.
And then. Then I remembered Christi's Tigger Tail Pops. Bam! Obviously the ice cream is going to be caramel marshmallow! But, there's still the issue of the black stripes. Then, still looking through my pinboard, I saw Cheryl's pumpkin pancakes with black cinnamon syrup. Yep, black = cinnamon. And not that yucky hot cinnamon candy either. Delicious cinnamon. Snickerdoodle cinnamon.
So now I have caramel marshmallow flavored ice cream with white chocolate and cinnamon swirls. Sounds pretty darn scrumptious to me!
Plus if you make this, everyone will think your awesome. Because it's caramel marshmallow white chocolate cinnamon ice cream. Duh. How much better does it get?
Not much. Not much.
Tiger Tail Ice Cream
Orange caramel marshmallow ice cream with white chocolate and black cinnamon swirls. Yum!
Ingredients:
Ice Cream Base:
- 2 c. heavy whipping cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14 oz.)
- 1/2 c. marshmallow fluff
- 1/2 c. caramel ice cream topping
- Orange Food Coloring
- 3 tablespoons dark maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wilton Black Food Coloring
- 1/8 cup milk
- 2 ounces white chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
In a mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Swirl the caramel topping into the mixture. Swirl the marshmallow fluff in as well. Do not stir
it all the way in. Add food coloring
To make the cinnamon swirl combine syrup, butter and cinnamon and food coloring in a small
saucepan over medium heat until everything is fragrant, melted and
bubbly. Set aside.
For the white chocolate swirl combine white chocolate butter and milk in a small saucepan over medium heat until melted. After ice cream is churned, scoop/pour about half of it into your container, drizzle the white chocolate mixture on top, then top the rest of the ice cream mixture. Run a knife or a spoon through it a couple of times to create a swirling effect. Repeat with the cinnamon swirl. Spoon into a freezer safe container and freeze until solid (I just did it overnight).
Note: Chill the bowl and beater blade for 30 minutes before making the ice cream. It will speed up your whipping time.
Adapted from Inside BruCrew Life, Eva Bakes, and 10th Kitchen.
I know this recipe looks really hard. And it normally would be. That's why I used a super easy ice cream recipe I've seen all over pinterest. It's only 2 ingredients and it doesn't require a machine! It's super versatile to add anything to, and I knew it would be perfect for this recipe.
So even though the swirl makes this recipe look all fancy and hard, don't be scared off. It's not as hard as it looks.
Photo Credit: Celebrating Generation
No comments:
Post a Comment