Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Fruity Pebble Ice Cream

  
















DISCLAIMER: This is actually my idea, no one elses, but my camera's broken (waaah!) and I still wanted to have a picture for the post. I used a bunch of photos from a few other sites, partly because these are sites that I read and love, and their photos are beautiful! They are from Yelp and Froyomind. Go check them out, they're amazing websites! I did this because I wanted pictures, but just know, these are not mine, I'm just sharing their photos and sites so that you can go see how cool they are, and this was a great opportunity for that.


It seems like each blogger has their own "thing". Like something they're the queen of, or something they're super good at.

Ashton (Something Swanky) is the queen of everything. Well not really, she's just good at a lot of things. Like, she's the pudding mousse queen, because she's made this and this and this and tons of others. And she's also the monster cookie person, because she's made monster cookie dough dip, cupcakes, magic bars , and then things like nutella monster cookies, biscoff white chocolate  monster cookies. Aaand, she's also really good with girl scout cookies. I mean, come on, she did three weeks of them.

Kristan (Confessions of a Cookbook Queen) is the twinkie person. (I am soooo missing my zingers and twinkies now. Oh hostess, why did you ever shut down?). She's made lots of twinkies on a stick, plus she's made twinkie pie, twinkie tiramisu and things like boston cream pie twinkies and pumpkin twinkies too.

Dorothy (Crazy for Crust) is the pie person. I mean, she did two weeks of pie, plus it practically says pie in the name of her blog.

Sally (Sally's Baking Addiction)  is the, I don't know, super good photographer person? She likes cake batter and sprinkles and peanut butter and chocolate and mint and gingerbread and basically everything that I like. I guess she's the best baker person. Her stuff must be good because she gets all science and math-ish about it. She also makes healthy stuff. So I guess she's the best photographer baker skinny cake batter peanut butter chocolate person.

Karyn (Pint Sized Baker ) is the cake pop and pop tart lady. Because she did poptart week and she's done all kinds of cake pops like this and this. And more! (Actually, now that I think about it, Bakerella is the cake pop person. Oh well, Karyn is one of the best then)

Shelly (Cookies and Cups) is the krispy treat person because she made things like this and this. And she even has a section for krispy treats on her blog (she'll have all the things she recently did divided into categories of cupcakes, brownies, cookies, and krispy treats!). She's also really good with cake mix. There's lots of blogs like this, but Shelly even did a Busy People Need Cake Mix Week. Which is probably one of the best weeks ever. And Shelly also is the fruity pebble person. I mean, she made fruity pebble krispy treats, fruity pebble fudge, fruity pebble popcorn and lots more.

I'm not really sure what my "thing" is. I'll probably be the girl who does candy corn and boston cream pie stuff. And hearts cake batter.

Anyways, I was looking at Shelly's Fruity Pebble Kettlecorn and could not stop thinking about it. And then, well then I went to gym. And we all know what happens there. Yep I thought of something. Not just any little something, a delicious fruity pebble something. A delicious fruity pebble ice cream something.

A delicious fruity pebble ice cream something that you need to go make right now.

Fruity Pebble Ice Cream
A delicious ice cream with fruity pebbles gets an extra boost of fruity flavor with some strawberry cake mix and fruit punch. 

Ingredients:
  • 3/4  cup strawberry cake mix
  • 3/4 cup vanilla sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • Pinch vanilla salt
  • 1 cup whole milk
  • 2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cups fruity pebbles
  • 1/4 cup of fruit punch
Directions:  In a stand mixer whisk together jello mix, vanilla sugar, brown sugar, vanilla salt, and whole milk. Mix until well combined. Now add the heavy cream and vanilla extract and whisk again for a couple of minutes. Cover the bowl and stick in the fridge for about one hour. Remove and transfer to a frozen ice cream bowl. Place that on your machine. Turn on and mix for about 10 minutes until it’s almost hardened. Add the fruity pebbles. Mix briefly.
Adapted from Cravings of a Lunatic

Notes: Best eaten on the first day. The fruity pebbles stay crisp that way. I liked it on day 2 as well. But by day 3 they get a bit soft and it doesn’t have the same bite to it.


Photo Credit: Yelp, Froyomind

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...