7 Layer Bars.
I am convinced that 7 layer bars are magical things.
They can solve all your problems.
I've proven it.
I had a headache while making these. One bite and instantly I was in cake batter funfetti heaven. Delicious heaven.
Well, you know these are good. Even if they didn't magically take away all your problems, they are awesome, because if you take two awesome things, and put them together it is bound to end in awesomeness.
Weeelllll, not always. Seeing how pizza is awesome and ice cream is awesome and if you put the two together, you get pizza ice cream. Um, eew.
So let's dissect these layers of funfetti cake batter deliciousness.
1st layer is a graham cracker crust. (I know, I know, I realize you can't see the graham cracker crust in these photos. Look reeeeaaaally hard at the bottom left corner of the bar on the bottom.) Just because, well, graham cracker crust is delicious. And the best way to enjoy graham crackers is in a pie. Or seven layer bars. (actually smores is probably the best way, but work with me here)
2nd layer is cake batter cookie type thing. Made with a cake mix. It's my most favorite cookie recipe ever because it's so versatile (you can do spice cookies, funfetti cookies, butter pecan cookies , german chocolate cookies, the possibilities are endless!).
3rd layer is cake batter truffle dough. I took this egg free recipe as my inspiration. I froze it the night before that way instead of having baked egg free cookie things (do not try do not try do not try) you'll have a layer that tastes like cake batter in dough form.
4th layer is actual funfetti cake. Because you can't have cake batter seven layer bars without cake. I'm pretty sure it's a rule.
5th layer is sprinkles. Duh. You cannot have cake batter without sprinkles.
6th layer is sweetened condensed milk. Normally, this is the seventh layer, but I had something special in mind for the seventh layer
7th layer is caramel. Just because me and caramel are BFFs. Kind of like me and cake batter. I put the caramel on AFTER the bars were baked. Because I don't want my house to burn down just because I accidentally put caramel in the oven.
So these are delicious, but they do require preparation. I would recommend making the truffles earlier in the week and just doubling the batch. And make the cookies early too (no need to double the batch here, this makes a TON, so just freeze half the batch and save it for these cookies)
So these really are easy if you make cookies and truffles earlier in the week. And if you tell me to make cake batter stuff early, I'm not gonna doubt ya.
I hope you enjoy these as much as I did!
Cake Batter 7 Layer Bars
Everyone's favorite bar that tastes like cake batter!!
Ingredients:
- Graham Cracker Crust (you can make your own, but I used the premade kind and just poured butter on to save time)
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick of butter
- Funfetti Cake Mix and ingredients on the box
- Frozen Cake Batter Truffle Dough (I used this recipe)
- Sprinkles
- 8 oz of sweetened condensed milk
- Caramel Ice Cream Topping
Photo Credit: Averie Cooks
No comments:
Post a Comment