DISCLAIMER: This is actually my idea, no one elses, but my camera's broken (waaah!) and I still wanted to have a picture for the post. I used a bunch of photos from a few other sites, partly because these are sites that I read and love, and their photos are beautiful! They are from Food.com, Barbara Bakes, and National Wildlife Federation. Go check them out, they're amazing bloggers! I did this because I wanted pictures, but just know, these are not mine, I'm just sharing their photos and sites so that you can go see how cool they are, and this was a great opportunity for that.
So there are two kinds of dessert snowballs. Snowball Cookies (aka Mexican Cookies)
and Coconut Snowballs.
I'm posting the second one. It's a lot less popular than the cookie version. So it's kind of new to some people, and to others it's just a classic recipe. Either way, you gotta love it.
Ice cream snowballs is basically vanilla ice cream covered with coconut. Lots of coconut. And then frozen.
I love it. But I usually eat it the summer. because, well you usually don't buy ice cream in the winter.
Or at least my mom doesn't.
But these are good enough to be enjoyed any time of the year.
And I heard a rumor that it tastes better drenched in hot fudge sauce.
And if you ask me, anything tastes better in hot fudge sauce.
Ice Cream Coconut Snowballs
Vanilla ice cream covered in coconut. Perfect way to beat the summer heat!
Ingredients:
- 1 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 14-ounce packages shredded coconut
- *optional hot fudge sauce
Line a baking sheet with parchment and put the baking sheet in the freezer. Scoop ice cream into a ball and place on the baking sheet in the freezer.
Make snowballs and place each snowball on the baking sheet in the freezer. Freeze until solid about one hour.
Put the coconut in a pie plate. One at a time, roll the ice cream balls in coconut. Gently press coconut into the ice cream. Return the snowball to the baking sheet in the freezer.
When all the snowballs have been decorated you can serve immediately or store in the freezer covered for one week. If desired, serve with your favorite ice cream topping.
These are wonderful with a cup of hot chocolate.
Photo Credits: Recipes are mine, photos come from Barbara Bakes, National Wildlife Federation and Food.com
No comments:
Post a Comment