I'm in a blogging funk. Every thing I come up with has already been thought of.
Like I just started writing the post for Samoas Smores, and then I see Ashton's blog Sigh.
And then I thought, that's okay, I can post rainbow smores! And then I google it. And it's already been done.
So then I think Okay, minor setback, but that's still okay because I can make an oatmeal cookie shake!
I think you know where this is headed. Has already been done.
So, then I finally decide, you know what, I'm gonna make samoa magic bars NO MATTER WHAT. And I will not google it.
Samoas Magic Bars
A new girl scout twist on the ever popular magic bar. With a chocolate or coconut base, it just gets better with every layer adding chocolate chips, coconut, caramel bits, actual samoa cookies and sweetened condensed milk to top off the whole thing.
Ingredients:
- 1 box coconut cake mix (or chocolate if that's all you can find)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup caramel bits
- 1 cup samoa cookies (I roughly chopped mine, but you can skip it if you're crunched on time)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
I know this recipe calls for samoas. Apparently girl scouts have vanished off the face of the earth where I live because I could not find them ANYWHERE. Luckily the WalMart people made something pretty close. They call it caramel coconut and fudge cookies.
These photos are edited by me, but were originally taken from The Kitchn

No comments:
Post a Comment