Monday, February 25, 2013

Chocolate-less Chip Cookies Part 1

 
These cookies aren't very good.

They're flat, and too crispy and not soft enough.

So you wonder why I would post these.

It's because I need them for a recipe I'm doing tomorrow. And I don't want to have to write in that recipe instructions to bake these cookies.

You probably think, Ok, that makes sense, but why not just post a good cookie recipe and use that?

Because for the recipe I'm doing, I need crispy cookies. Crunchy cookies. And that is these cookies only strong point. And it's not even very strong, because they're not just crispy on the outside, they're crispy on the inside too. Not soft enough.

So, don't make these if  you want some rocking cookies. Make them if you want the something awesome I'm posting tomorrow.

Toll House Cookies Part 1
These cookies are crispy, but have no chocolate chips. Make them for crushing up in milkshakes and other stuff like that.
Ingredients:  
  • 1/2 c margarine
  • 1/3 c sugar
  • 1/3 c brown sugar
  • 1 t vanilla
  • 1 egg 
  • 1 1/8 c flour 
  • 1/2 t baking soda
  • 1/2 t salt
Directions: Cream margarine and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla;beat. Add dry ingredients and stir until blended. Drop by teaspoons onto greased sheet. Bake 10-12 min at 375.

The last time I made these was a while ago; I just don't make them because they're not good! Unless you like super crispy cookies.

See, I even blogged about it! The recipe made a TON of cookies (102 to be exact), and I scaled it down a lot this for this recipe . (BTW, in the post I say I got the recipe from my aunt. Not true, her recipe is awesome, this one isn't.)

Yep, there's me when I was 10.  (I still have that hat, but I don't wear it because it got a fry sauce stain on it, otherwise I'd proudly be sporting it at every sports related event ever (Go Cougs!) (How many parentheses do you think I'm going to use in this post?))

Photo Credit: Fine Art America

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...