So, everyone has their favorite recipes. Like their favorite chocolate chip recipe, or their favorite banana bread recipe or something like that.
So, even though gooey butter cakes are nothing new, I'm just posting my favorite one.
I remember when I first learned about gooey butter cakes. The post I read talked about them in such glowing descriptions, I knew I had to make some. I just put the ingredients I needed on the fridge, and my mom actually went to the store and bought them! This doesn't happen often, and I was so happy I made a gooey butter cake immediately.
It was sooo good. Love at first sight. Or, taste I guess.
Either way, give this a try, especially if you've never had gooey butter cake before. Trust me, it's worth it.
Gooey Butter Cake
A dense rich gooey butter cake. It could easily be your new favorite cake!
Ingredients:
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb. box confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
I was really hesitant to make this. I knew it would be good, but it looked hard. Because it has lots of layers and stuff. So I found the easiest possible recipe off Cooks.com. And it was easy.
Mostly.
I just had to wash dishes in between.
When I first ate some, it was really soft. So I figured it needed to cool off. I stuck it in the freezer (did I mention I have zero patience level?) and ate dinner. It wasn't as soft, but it was still pretty soft. So I thought maybe I didn't cook it enough. All the pictures I'd seen didn't look like this. So then I tasted it again and it was STILL soft. And then I realized that's how it was supposed to be.
I was expecting an almost fudgy brownie consistency. Nope. Guys, these really ARE gooey. And buttery. So they will be soft.
These were super good. They were rich though, so don't eat the whole pan. Not that I have that problem. My whole family was jumping on it because it was so good.
These photos came from Sweet Pea's Kitchen. Aren't they gorgeous? Mine weren't very, um, photogenic. For one thing, I made them in the evening when it was kind of dark. Bad lighting. And mine looked really, pale. Really really pale. But that doesn't really matter. They were still really good!
No comments:
Post a Comment