DISCLAIMER: This is actually my idea, no one elses, but my camera's
broken (waaah!) and I still wanted to have a picture for the post. This
beautiful photo is from Wanelo. I edited it, but it's technically still theirs. I don't know where they got the photo (I think from Etsy?) because Wanelo is just a shopping site. If you find it, please tell me, I want to thank them for a beautiful photo.
Did you know there's a food holiday for basically every day of the year?
There is.
Allow me to share everything that's happening this week.
Today is National Cream Cheese Brownie Day (I'll share the recipe soon!)
Tomorrow is National Peppermint Patty Day
Tuesday is Plum Pudding Day
Wednesday is National Tortelinni Day
Thursday is Cream Filled Chocolates Day (Anyone want to give me some?0
Friday is National Gumdrop Day
and Saturday is National Almond Day.
So, I'm sure your all needing to know what to make on these days. Well, I've gotcha covered. Tommorow I'll make the best cream cheese brownies EVER!
And for Tuesday, well something awesome will happen too. Something VERY awesome. But on Wednesday, well I don't really how to make plum pudding be yummy. By the way, did you know it's not even pudding?!!!

It's a cake!
Anyways, Wednesday. Tortelinni. It's not even a dessert. So just make tortelinni for dinner.
And then on Thursday it's cream filled chocolates day. Russel Stover for Valentines please.
Friday is National Gumdrop Day. Make this! Now!
Anyways, I'm not sure what all this has to do with Red Velvet Marshmallows.
But I do know that these are the best marshmallows ever known to mankind .
Red Velvet Marshmallows
Marshmallows that taste just like red velvet
Ingredients:
- 4 1/2 tsp of unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3/4 cup cugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup, divided
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup red velvet cake mix
- red food coloring
- coating: (1/4 cup corn starch and 3/8 cup powdered sugar combined)
Directions: Line an 8x8-inch pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
Whisk together the gelatin and cold water in a small bowl and let soften for 5 minutes
Stir
together the sugar, 1/4 cup of the corn syrup, 1/4 cup water and salt
in a medium saucepan over high heat. Boil, stirring occasionally, until
the temperature reaches 240F on a candy thermometer.
Meanwhile,
pour the remaining 1/4 cup corn syrup into the bowl of an electric
mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Microwave gelatin on high until
totally melted, about 30 seconds. Pour into the mixer bowl, Set the
mixer speed to low and keep it running.
When
the syrup is 240F, slowly pour it into the mixer. Increase the speed to
medium and beat for 5 minutes. Increase to medium-high and beat for 5
more minutes. Beat on the highest setting for 1-2 mins more and beat in
the vanilla. The finished marshmallow will be opaque, white, fluffy and
tripled in volume. (don't overwhip the batter or it will make folding in
the cake mix a huge mess.) Sift in about half the cake mix over the
marshmallow batter. Use a spatula to gently fold it in and then sift and
fold in the rest. Fold in the sprinkles.
Pour
the batter into the prepared pan, using an offset spatula to smooth it
into the corners. Sift the coating over the top, reserving some for
later. Let it set for 6 hours in a cool dry place.
Use
a knife to loosen the marshmallow from the edges of the pan. Invert the
slab onto a coating-dusted work surface and dust it with more coating.
Use kitchen scissors to cut the marshmallows into pieces and dip the
sticky edges into more coating, patting off the excess.
Adapted from Fake Ginger
I've never made homemade marshmallows before. OMGosh, why did I ever not do it these are sooo good! And they're even better because they taste like red velvet!
Photo Credit: Wanelo
No comments:
Post a Comment