You know how some people do certain days were they share about their lives and don't post any food. Well, today I'll let you peek into my life. Here are some deep serious thoughts I had the other day .
Why are toddlers attracted to open toilets?
Why do we have to do gym?
Do I really need to know Pre Algebra?
Did Mom buy the cake mix I asked for?
How much longer is this teacher going to talk about greasy hair?
Do my blog readers like cotton candy?
If the school is trying to make kids healthy with gym and healthy lunch menus, doesn't it kind of defeat the purpose when they sell popcorn and cotton candy in the office?
Why does that kid have french fries in his pocket?
What's an alpacca?
I really want cookies. Yellow cookies specifically.
So, after all these deep serious thoughts, I went home and made cake mix cookies (aka easiest cookies in all the land). I can make them faster than anyone. I turn on the oven, run to the fridge and grab the butter in the eggs. In one swift motion I dump them into mixer, along with the cake mix. I hurry and turn it on. Then I quickly pull out the cookie sheet and spray it with that stuff. Then I slow down and increase the speed on the Kitchen-Aid. Then I put away the eggs and butter wrapper. I pull out the cooling rack and the spatula
Quick question. Which of the following items is a spatula
Hard question ain't it. I could not figure this out and was puzzling over it all afternoon. Anywho, I used the second spatula. I set it next to the cooling rack thingy. Then I set out hot pads. And then I go do something. Like eat a Pita Pocket. Or read a book. Or hug the cutest kid ever known

Then I have also perfected the art of scooping the cookies with the spatula onto the rack thing.
But while the cookies are baking, there's still more dough. And I get a little impatient. So I put them in the microwave and cook them. For ten seconds.
Now, I know what you're thinking, that this is just another one of those microwave cookies. But these aren't cookies! They're kind of like cake, but they're more dense. They're kind of like bars, but they're more airy and fluffy. And they are not like cookies. But I'll tell you what they are. They're delicious.
It's nice and fluffy on the sides, and sometimes in the middle, there's a little teeny gooey buttery tender spot on the top. I love that little gooey spot.
So, here's why you should make them.
They're 3 ingredients.
They make alot
They only take 1 minute (seriously, the cook time is only ten seconds, the rest is just mixing up the dough.)
They are OMGosh so good!
So, yeah, go make them right now.
Super Easy Puffy Bars
A delicious tender cake like bar that only takes 1 minute to make!
Ingredients:
- 1/2 box of yellow cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup of butter (1/2 stick)
By the way, February is National Snack Food Month. These are great for your next party! Easy, check, Yummy, check, delicious, double check!
Photo Credit: Simple Indian Food
No comments:
Post a Comment