I've had a really hard time thinking of what to put in posts. You can kind of tell because now I'm resorting to talking about purple napkins and spicy cheetos.
So, I'm gonna kind of just go with the flow and see where it leads me.
So, uh, did you know that today is National Almond Day? I used to think I was allergic to almonds. Because I ate some smoked almonds (sooo good! only thing better is sugared almonds) and then I got my cheeks red. Which reminds me . . .
My ward always has this really fun summer activity thing. It has a zipline, (that's my dad on that)
the longest slip'n'slide EVER, (it is so fun to put as many people as possible on one little thing!)
a super fun picnic, (there was a really yummy eclair dessert and pizza and tons of other stuff too)
a candy cannon.
It's just really cool! Here's a picture of me when we went up there.
Super model pose! NOT.
Anyways, we love going up there. In the summer of 2011 (saying that makes me feel kind of old) we invited my friend to come up with us. Of course, that's the year when there's no slip'n'slide. And there is no way we were going on the zip line.
And then it rained (I would have hated being one of the people who were camping there. That's what most of the people do, but our family is kind of crazy and doesn't.)
So we just went in the car and headed home. It was pretty fun driving home together. I have really sensitive skin. (like, SUPER sensitive. When I wear necklaces and it kind of brushes my neck I'll get all these little red marks all over my neck. Everyone will ask me if I'm okay and if I hurt my neck, and I won't have felt a thing and won't have any idea what they're talking about)
So, we had all been freezing from being in the rain in our swimsuits. So we turned the heat up a lot in the car. Pretty soon we were all warm and toasty. It was nice at first, but I was getting REALLY hot. I kept whining. And I felt like I was going to die of hotness (not THAT kind of hotness). So when someone had to stop for a bathroom break I jumped on out into the rain. I grabbed some wet grass and started smearing it all over my face.
Uh, oh. Not a good idea. My face was getting all red and puffy and I was even hotter!
So what do you do when you've got super sensitive skin? And a hot face (again, not THAT kind of hot). Well you'd make red velvet cookies of course! But being the wonderful busy person that you are, you don't have time for that. So instead you make some Red Velvet Puffy Cake Bars.
Red Velvet Puffy Bars
A delicious super easy dessert made in the microwave with a cakey, fluffy bar like consistency, flavored with red velvet!
Ingredients:
- 1/2 box red velvet cake mix
- 1/4 cup butter (half stick) softened
- 1 egg
My whole family loved these! Well, actually more like me and my sister loved these. Either way, you have no excuse not to make these because they are sooo unbelievably easy!
These photos come from Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen. She made some red velvet gooey cake bars (which sound really good)


No comments:
Post a Comment