Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Triple Cookie Dough Ice Cream

Guess what?

You just won the lottery!

You get three awesome prizes!

Would you like to know what these prizes are?

Prize # 1. You get to read an awesome blog with a dedicated author who spent their entire Saturday morning redesigning it to give you a brand new awesome blog!
Have you noticed? Instead of a blue banner that didn't line up with the red words, you now have a cute ribbon banner that does line up with words, that also matches the background!

Not to mention the new sidebar addition

I followed this great tutorial from Something Swanky

So, I'm very happy with that.

Prize #2. Lucky you! Summer is coming, no more school! Unless you have a year long job, then poor you.
And you have a giveaway of all my favorite things! Just kidding, no one really reads this, so the chances of that happening are zero. I mean, unless every single person who reads this comments and says they do, and the comments add up to 10 people, then I just might reconsider. 

Prize #3. Last but definitely not least, the best prize of all, you get cookie dough ice cream.
Not just the cheap kind that is just vanilla ice cream with one chunk of cookie dough, but you get. . .

A cookie dough flavored base (!!!), cookie dough chunks (double !!!) and then in place of chocolate chips, cookie dough bite candies (now is where you faint from happiness so there are no more !!!s)

Yes, you are very, very lucky.

Triple Cookie Dough Ice Cream
Love the cookie dough in cookie dough ice cream? This is for you! The entire ice cream is cookie dough flavored, then with cookie dough chunks, and finally the cookie dough bites candy.
Ingredients:
  • 1 cup cookie dough bites candy
  • 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
  • 4 large egg yolks
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (or paste)
  • 2 cups half and half
  • 2 cups whole milk
  • 3 tablespoons salted butter
  • Dough: 8 ounces (2 sticks) cool unsalted butter, cut into pieces
  • 1 cup packed light brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
Directions:
  1.  In a small sauce pan, melt the butter until it is a deep golden brown color.  You don't want it too burnt or it will taste weird.  
  2.   In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and egg yolks until pale and fluffy.  Take the half and half mixture off the heat, and add a little to the egg mixture while mixing.  Add a little more, then pour everything back into the sauce pan. 
  3.  Add the vanilla and heat until about 170 degrees, or until it coats a metal spoon.  Transfer the mixture to a bowl and chill.  
  4. Once the mixture is chilled, whisk in the additional 2 cups of milk and add it to your ice cream machine. Taste your ice cream and adjust accordingly.  If you don't find it particularly rich, simply add more half and half.  When it's almost fully churned, add the cookie dough bite candy. 
  5. Now you make the cookie dough : Cream the butter in a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or use a hand-held beater) until soft and fluffy. Add both sugars and mix. Add the vanilla and 1 egg and mix. Add the remaining egg and mix. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and mix. Add the chips and mix just until just combined.
  6. Shape dough into a rope and cut into small pieces. Add that to the ice cream mixture. 
  7. Freeze until it reaches desired consistency and serve. 
 Adapted from The Kitchy Kitchen

Notes :  This recipe might seem a bit daunting. To make it a bit easier, make a cookie dough (meant for ice cream), that you trust and like.



This is basically the best ice cream I've ever had. Well, actually, this is the best homemade ice cream I've ever had. Super good and creamy, cookie dough base, cookie dough, cookie dough bites, it's pretty much the best combination possible.

I edited some photos by The Domestic Rebel. I made them say Triple Cookie Dough Ice Cream at the bottom for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to Haley and her delicious Cookie Dough Fro Yo. Thanks for the delicious recipe Haley! Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about Haley! Because while it looks like it's about the best ice cream ever in the world, it's really all about honoring our fellow blogger and friend Haley. Keep up the good work Haley! You are a great example of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the ice cream for fun, because really, this is all about you. This post is for you. The ice cream is just a nice little addition, like a present for you. The whole purpose of me writing this is to honor you. Not the ice cream. Because this is all about you. The whole reason of my blog is so I can honor bloggers like you. I do the recipes just to attract people here so they can see what a truly amazing personality you have. I hope you aren't angry that I edited your photos. The only reason I did it is so that I can compare the differences between our recipes and show that even though we're different, we're both awesome. Again, I hope you're not angry that I honored you like this. That is why I edited your photo, to honor you and show how cool you are. I hope I can grow up and make as many cool things as you.Once again, if you are offended by me editing your photos, well think of it like this. This is just a shout out to you, like many bloggers do with their friends at the bottom of their posts.

3 comments:

  1. I love your new topper and the fun spring colors of your background. Can you teach me how to do the sidebar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope I'm the winner of your "favorite things"... I love Bath and Body Works lip gloss, and my kids might love me even more if I shared some cookie dough bites with them since I can only have treats 2 days a week! Hilda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... I just checked out the tutorial on something swanky and can see that it is over my head, or at least over my time limits on blogging since I can't spend a whole Saturday redesigning my piano blog, but maybe I could hire you to do it fore me :) I'll pay you a buck to make me a cool sidebar w/ my favorite piano post pics. That definitely beats cleaning the bathroom right???

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...