Ginormous flop.
Tremendous disaster.
It just didn't work. Only 1/10 of the entire student body donated anything.
But, of course, no one cares about that part of it except for the school.
I mean the walking part.
It had been really nice the day before, sunny skies and all that. And then on the day of the walk-a-thon, the weather forecast predicted rain.
When we first started walking, it was super windy. So windy that my hair flew in my face and got stuck to my lip gloss. So windy and freezing that the hand not cozily nestled in my pocket was getting numb from holding the water bottle.
There were brief moments when the wind would go away and it would be okay, but like I said, very brief.
I was on my third lap when it started hailing.
Seriously. Hailing. During the walk-a-thon when most kids are just wearing a shirt.
Anyways, the whole experience just stunk.
To get rid of the bad memories, I came home and made muddy buddies.
GS style of course.
Savannah Smiles Muddy Buddies
Chex mix slathered in a lemon frosting white chocolate mixture, doused with powdered sugar and sprinkled with Savannah Smiles GS cookies, these muddy buddies are sure to bring a lemony smile to all who eat them.
Ingredients:
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 1/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 4 tsp grated lemon peel
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup roughly chopped Savannah Smiles GS cookies
Notes: This recipe is actually SS flavored. It's not just muddy buddies with SS thrown in, it actually tastes like them, because SS's flavor combo is powdered sugar and lemon.
I was dying to come up with a new girl scout muddy buddy after the samoas one (cookie sales are still in full swing here in my town).
Savannah Smiles was the obvious choice, because it's covered in powdered sugar. I love having flavors where you don't have to use the actual cookie.
This is Savannah Smile flavored because it's a lemon base covered with powdered sugar.
Just like Savannah Smiles.
I edited some photos by Apple a Day. I made them say Savannah Smile Muddy Buddies at the bottom for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to Kelsey and her delicious Lemon Buddies. Thanks for the delicious recipe Kelsey! Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about Kelsey! Because while it looks like it's about a delicious muddy buddies recipe, it's really all about honoring our fellow blogger and friend Kelsey. Keep up the good work Kelsey! You are a great example of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the muddy buddies for fun, because really, this is all about you. This post is for you. The muddy buddies are just a nice little addition, like a present for you. The whole purpose of me writing this is to honor you. Not the muddy buddies. Because this is all about you.
Go say hi to Kelsey for me!
No comments:
Post a Comment