Parents usually
At my elementary school, we had lots of fundraisers.
But they were good fundraisers, ones that would actually bring in money, ones that people would actually be willing to pay for.
One of the biggest fundraisers they had was the school carnival.
It was always a big success. Kids would buy tickets and come. It was awesome!
There was cotton candy, hot dogs, bounce houses and tons of games.
The school owned the cotton candy, so that was free. The games were usually pretty cheap. The most expensive thing there was probably the bounce house.
Here's some pictures . . .
They had these awesome little "train" carts that were pulled by a four wheeler.
One of the games.
And balloons!
So the elementary school fundraisers were usually pretty good.
Now I'm in middle school. The fundraisers are . . . not so good.
They had this one where you would sell magazines and if you sold ten, you would get a little ducky keychain. If you got five little duck keychains you would have a chance to enter a drawing to get a candy bar.
Obviously, it was a huge fail, because all the magazines were twice their normal value (or at least seven dollars more)
I obviously have tons of school spirit and participated in every fundraiser.
Popcorn sales: I bought the huckleberry cheesecake.
Magazines: I subscribed to American Girl.
Wreath and Pine Trees: I didn't do anything. Because no one wants to pay 100$ for an ugly wreath.
Walk-a-thon: I got sponsored by my dad with 5$.
Let's talk about the walkathon!
Worst. Fundraiser. Ever.
You just walk around the track for an hour. Who wants to sponsor a kid for that?
Plus, even if you don't get any sponsors, you still have to walk.
Last year, it was soooo hot. And, they wouldn't let you go inside and get a drink. They were selling mini water bottles for 5$ , but no one had money with them.
The one person who did bring a drink (my friend), didn't really bring a drink. It was some super sugary apple drink.
And it was totally drank up by everyone else except for me and her. We left it by her coat, and come back and there's a huge crowd of boys changing "Chug Chug Chug!" as some giant kid drinks it all down.
Anyways, that walk-a-thon was not easy.
And the one that happened this year (which I'll talk about tomorrow) was even worse. Not easy in the least.
Wanna know what is easy?
This pudding custard.
Super Easy Pudding Custard
Custard is super delicious, but unfortunately not super easy. This version has all the great flavors and textures of regular custard, but is made with two ingredients and a microwave.
Serves:4 Bake Time: 2 minutes Prep Time: 2 minutes Total Time: 4 minutes
Ingredients:
- 1 box of vanilla pudding mix
- amount of milk called for on box
- cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla cake mix
Notes: For faster cooking, use more than one bowl. In my microwave it takes about 2 minutes, but check a little earlier than that, and keep cooking until it forms a "skin" like custard.
(This is a random picture of custard from Shrinking Bandwidth, definitely not mine)
So, my cake batter pudding is just so much better warm. I was warming it up, but accidentally had it in too long.
The outsides tasted kind of like custard.
Bingo!
This recipe is great for anyone who loves the taste of custard, but doesn't have the time for it. Because you have to stir it for eeeeeeeeever.
You want to cook it until only the middle is soft, and the outsides are almost "crisp".
I edited some photos by Shrinking My Bandwidth. I made them say Super Easy Pudding Custard at the top for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to Polly and her delicious Grandma's Old Fashioned Custard. Thanks for the delicious recipe Polly! Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about Polly! Because while it looks like it's about an easy shortcut dessert, it's really all about honoring our fellow blogger and friend Polly. Keep up the good work Polly! You are a great example of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the pudding custard for fun, because really, this is all about you.
Go say hi to Polly for me!
I totally agree that the fun run is not fun! Inhope you don't have to do Coopers test like I did in high school. That was miserable running a mile in 12 min.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree that the fun run is not fun! Inhope you don't have to do Coopers test like I did in high school. That was miserable running a mile in 12 min.
ReplyDelete