Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Butter Pecan Muddy Buddies

I love cake mixes.

But I never make cakes with them. Because I always feel like they're too dry.

No, I like making other stuff with cake mixes. Especially cake mix cookies. And muddy buddies.

I love easy stuff and shortcuts. If it takes too long, it's not worth it. That's how I got stuff like pudding custard, and puffy bar cakes. Because I was too impatient for the normal thing, so I made an easy version.

It's been so long since I made a real cookie recipe. I always just do cake mix cookies! I actually tried a real cookie recipe yesterday and . . . it was super yummy sugar cookies. But I felt like it took along time! Because I'm so used to just throwing three ingredients in a mixer and then having the cookies five minutes from then.

Homemade sugar cookies = okay, measure sugar. add flour. There's no flour! Run downstairs and scoop flour out of a big bucket. add salt. There's no measuring spoons except for the lame black ones that don't tell you what measurement they are. You hope that you are adding 1/8 tsp and not a tablespoon. now it's time to add the baking soda. there is no baking soda in sight. You frantically search the cupboards for it, but there is none in sight. So you have to run all the way down the stairs and look in your food storage room for it. Then you have to go back up the stairs, open the box, go through the whole teaspoon thing again. And then when the cookies are baking you burn the second batch.

See how much easier it is to just do cake mix cookies?

Cake mix cookies = grab cake mix. open cake mix. crack two eggs. add butter. stir at high speeds on a kitchenaid. plop onto sheet. wait ten minutes. eat. the end.

I think the easiness might be why I love muddy buddies so much. Who has time to make a cheesecake? Just make muddy buddies, and they're just as good.

I love all muddy buddies, but I think I love these ones just a liiitle bit more.

Sorry?

Butter Pecan Muddy Buddies
 Muddy buddies that just got sophisticated and glamorous. Made with pecan butter, butter pecan cake mix and pecans, these are made for movie stars. Or even just your everyday muddy buddy addict.

Serves: 12    Prep Time: 20 min   Total Time: 20 min

Ingredients:
  • 9 cups Rice Chex Cereal
  • 1 cup white melting chocolate
  • 1/2 cup pecan butter (you can buy it, or use this recipe)
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 3/4 cups butter pecan cake mix
  • 1 cup roughly chopped or whole pecans
Directions:
  1. In a large mixing bowl, microwave the white chocolate and the pecan butter for 1 minute, add the vanilla. Mix together until smooth.
  2. Pour the cereal and pecans into the bowl, and use a large rubber spatula to mix the cereal and pecans until they're coated in the chocolate mixture.
  3. Pour the cake mix and powdered sugar into a gallon sized zip top bag. Seal and shake together until mixed.
  4. Use a large spoon (or whatever method works for you) to scoop the cereal into the bag. Seal the bag and shake until the cereal is coated in the powdered mixture.
Notes : Pecan butter from the store is really expensive, it's so much cheaper and yummier to make your own! I like Summer's recipe. Some people have trouble fitting the cereal all into the bag at one time. I can usually get it all in, but you can do it in half batches if you need to. Muddy buddies are good at all stages, but usually taste best within the first two days.


So these have pecan butter in them. They're all fancy. I hear that's what movie stars eat, shh don't tell.

So if you want to be a fancy glamorous person without making a souffle, these muddy buddies are for you.

I edited some photos by Something Swanky. I made them say Butter Pecan Muddy Buddies at the bottom for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to Ashton and her delicious cream cheese carrot cake muddy buddies. Thanks for the delicious recipe Ashton (and the great tip that you can use frosting instead of peanut butter)! Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about Ashton! Because while it looks like it's about the a super delicious muddy buddy recipe (fancy with no effort!), it's really all about honoring our fellow blogger and friend Ashton. Keep up the good work Ashton! You are a great example of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the muddy buddies for fun, because really, this is all about you. This post is for you. The muddy buddies are just a nice little addition, like a present for you. The whole purpose of me writing this is to honor you. Not the muddy buddies. Because this is all about you. The whole reason of my blog is so I can honor bloggers like you. I do the recipes just to attract people here so they can see what a truly amazing personality you have. I hope you aren't angry that I edited your photos. The only reason I did it is so that I can compare the differences between our recipes and show that even though we're different, we're both awesome. Again, I hope you're not angry that I honored you like this. That is why I edited your photo, to honor you and show how cool you are. I hope I can grow up and make as many cool things as you.Once again, if you are offended by me editing your photos, well think of it like this. This is just a shout out to you, like many bloggers do with their friends at the bottom of their posts. I've even seen you doing it! I just thought it was so sweet of you, and wanted to return the favor!


So, of course you guys want to see the before and after photos, right?
Here's Ashton's                                   And mine
These Cream Cheese & #Carrot #Cake Muddy Buddies make the perfect spring time munchies! Plus, a major breakthrough in Muddy Buddy recipe development you won't want to miss! #muddybuddies at www.somethingswanky.com 

Both look awesome, right? Anyways, go make these muddy buddies. Fast! You can enjoy eating them and all their buttery goodness, and still act like you're a fancy rich person!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...