Friday, April 5, 2013

Craziness Friday

It was another week.

Spring Break ended.

ISATs are in two days.

We watched creepy videos in health.

My Easter candy is gone.

So I don't really feel like jumping out and saying "Hey, my week was TOTALLY great! I made food, how was yours?"

Buuuuut, I'm going to.

Because you all love Craziness Friday so much. 

(psst, anyone know how to make words look sarcastic with a keyboard? cuz I don't know how so I just do italics)

So here I go!

1. I finally got real pictures of my little brother's birthday. Are you ready?

With each kid, you get less and less classy for the birthdays.

For example, with me, at my birthday we had a HUGE party with tons of people. There were presents, streamers, cake, the whole shabang.

For my brother's birthday, we made a cake and I think my grandma might have come over. He got presents too.

For my other brother's birthday, we made a cake and gave him presents with just my family.

For my little sister's birthday, we had cupcakes and she got two presents.

For my other little sister's birthday we happened to be at my grandparents house, so she had a cupcake and got one presents.

For this little guy's birthday


we didn't do much. We didn't make a cake, or even cupcakes, our neighbor just brought over ice cream sandwiches, so we had those.

We stuck a candle in one, and that's what he had.

See, right in his hand?

And he didn't get any presents except for the bubbles my mom happened to buy at the store.

It's not that we care about him any less, but with six kids, on a school night, well, you're not going to be having huge elaborate parties.

And honestly, he's a baby and probably had no idea what we were doing.

But he had fun, and the ice cream sandwiches were yummy, and to me, that's what counts. (Because personally, fat boys win over dry crumbly cake any day. And really, once you have bubbles, what else do you need?)

2. Like I said before, ISATs are in two days. Prepare to FREAK OUT.

I knew they were coming. For a long time. But now, it's like, for real.

3. I made granola! And in true SB style, I added candy. 


4. I finally posted one of my favorite snacks ever ever! (P.S., click on that link, it involves cake batter)


5. I made playdoh! Don't freak out, it's nutella and you can eat it.


6. There has been yet another copyright issue.

See, here's the deal . . .

I don't have a camera. I've come up with a method of posting that you can learn about here.

I thought it would be okay, since, you know, I give credit, and plus, I edit the photos, so it's like 10% mine. Or fifty. Doesn't really matter.

But I read this publishing article that said that if you use anyone's photo it's stealing and you can get sued blah bla bla.

Even if you give credit.

And even if you edit it.

Soooo, since I'm not too keen on getting sued or going to jail, I'm coming up with another method.

I'm not going to explain it all here, just wait for my next post.

7. I went to B&BW and added even MORE pocket back hand sanitizers to my collection.

I already have a TON.

Just to give you an idea, here's how many scents I have

Fresh picked strawberry, fresh picked tangerine, blue chiffon, fresh picked pears, fresh picked peaches, fresh picked raspberries, honey pretzel, grapes, frosting, cookie dough, honey lavender, honey flower, honey vanilla, winter candy apple, vanilla bean noel, tropical berries, raspberry peony, something sangria, island margarita, pacific blue, California poppy, sweet pea, bouquet, citrus, apples, vanilla berry sorbet, marshmallow, wildberry, midnight pomegranate, Caribbean escape, dancing waters, paris amour, island nectar, . . .

And that's not even the tip of the iceberg. I have tons more. Those are just the ones I could come up with.

Anyways, the new ones I got are . . .

Fresh Picked Strawberries

Fresh Picked First Bloom
 I

Fresh Picked Wildberries
and Fresh Picked Apple Blossoms

Yep, I pretty much heart them.

8. I've got tons going on at school, all at the exact same time.

Don't you just love how the teachers heap all the stress together?

1. I have ISATs
2. I have a choir prezi.
3. We're starting registration.

Oh. No. I could dedicate a whole POST to that.

I go to a middle school that I really like.

It doesn't have the best test scores, but I don't really care.

Because they have some of the highest ones in the whole state.

Which means lots of kids are stupid less educated, but the ones who are smart, are really really smart.

My school has been around for a while, and has pretty good teachers.

And it has lots of choices for electives.

There is . . . boys choir, girls choir, select choir, treble choir, mixed choir, honor choir, jazz band, band, another band, three kinds of orchestra, yearbook, student leadership, pottery, art, science (somehow different/cooler than regular classes), study halls (duh.), broadcasting, recycling, cheerleading, wrestling, girls basket ball, boys basket ball, girls volleyball, track . . .

You get the idea. There's a lot more too.

The district has made some boundary changes, so I'll be going to a new school next year.

Since it's this school's first year,  it stinks everything isn't exactly . . . in tip top shape. 

For my elective choices, there is . . .
Boys Choir
Mixed Choir
Girls Select Choir
2 kinds of band
2 kinds of orchestra
Yearbook
and Leadership.

I'm in yearbook, and I love it. I really want to be there next year.

Not many kids want or are capable of doing music, so everyone's signing up for yearbook and leadership.

With so many kids signing up, and only twenty kids allowed in each class, there's going to be a lot of rejects.

Which could be me. Even though I'm probably better at yearbook than the other kids who happened to sign up first.

Sigh.

9. I've learned a lot of great pinterest tips! I'll post them soon I promise!

So, my week wasn't that bad, it was actually okay, just a lot more school stuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...