Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Coquito Pudding Mousse

Coquito Pudding Mousse, a must have for Cinco De Mayo. Flavored with all the spices of coquito, coconut, eggnog and rum, this pudding mousse comes together in a snap and is great for your next gathering!

Last year in school we had to do country reports.

It was super long.

Like it took four months.

For part of it we had to do powerpoints.

I did mine on Puerto Rico.

One of my slides was on food (surprise surprise)

So with all my research I learned about something.

Coquito.

Coquito sounds really yummy. It's like a coconut rum eggnog. I'd totally try some if it was non-alcoholic. (Anyone know a virgin coquito recipe?)

So I decided to take all the flavors and make it into coquito pudding mousse. Because Cinco De Mayo is coming up and I needed something. I realize that Puerto Rico is not the same thing as Mexico, but I'm sure you could find some coquito in Mexico.

Anyways. Coquito Pudding Mousse.

You know you want to. (Or at least think you want to, right?)

Coquito Pudding Mousse
 Coconut pudding with eggnog instead of milk, with rum flavoring.

Serves: 6     Chill Time: 15 min.      Prep Time: 3 min.      Total Time: 23 min.
Ingredients:
  • 1 box of coconut cream instant pudding mix
  • 1 1/4 cup of egg nog
  • 2 teaspoons of rum flavoring/extract
  • 1  8oz. cool whip container
  • sprinkle of cinnamon
Directions:
  1. Whisk together the pudding mix and the eggnog until smooth and starting to thicken.
  2. Immediately whisk in half of the cool whip. Switch to a rubber spatula and fold in the remaining cool whip until fully incorporated.
  3. Add flavoring and cinnamon. Chill for 15-20 minutes. 
 
 That's what coquito looks like.

Doesn't it look yummy and creamy. Wanna know what's even better? This pudding mousse.

Seriously, go make it.

And if you need an excuse, do it for Cinco De Mayo. You have to be festive. It's like, a law. You MUST be festive. This is a great way to be all Mexican with out having to make anything really hard.


I edited some photos by Pillsbury. I made them say Coquito Pudding Mousse at the bottom for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to Pillsbury and their genius eggnog pudding (not to mention their cake mixes. And crescents. And basically everything Pillsbury).  Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about Pillsbury! It's like a sponsored post, but it's not. And I don't include any of their ingredients, just edited one of their pictures! This post is all about Pillsbury. Seriously, go to their site and check out all of their great recipes and products. If the company Pillsbury happens to be reading this (unlikely), I hope you're not mad that I edited your photos. I did it solely for the purpose of attracting people to your products.

I just love before and after photos!
Here's Pillsbury                                                        And mine.
Eggnog Pudding      

1 comment:

  1. Mmmm, this sounds delicious! I wonder if you could make an ice cream version that could be made into homemade eggnog coquito ice cream for the summer. That would tempt me to overindulge even more ;0)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...