See, it used to be suuuuper good.
They had pizza sticks (ohmygoshthebestthingsEVER!), the best beef hot dogs in the history of the world, pizza every friday, mini corn dogs, all the normal stuff only better.
But then in at the end of 2008 and the beginning of 2009 some changes started being made in the school lunch programs.
They started getting healthy. And not the yummy kind of healthy like fresh strawberries. The kind of fake gross healthy. Like mushy berries from a can instead of cheetos.
The pizza became whole wheat and they decreased the amount of sauce and cheese.
They got rid of pizza sticks and hot dogs.
They got rid of the sugar cookies (really good but lacking in frosting)
These things all kind of happened gradually.
But then when I started 7th grade there were big changes.
They switched the milk company to TruMoo (so gross) At my little siblings elementary they have a milk bucket where the kids dump the undrinked milk. They only had to have two, one for white milk and one for chocolate. Now they have to have five. Five! Because the milk is so gross and lacking in fat that no one will even drink it.
And at my school they made a rule that you have to have half your plate be vegetables. So the lines took foreeeeever since everyone had to keep going back and grabbing more salad. Then they would eat two bites, not touch the salad, and throw it away. It's such a waste of money!
I don't think my school necessarily cares about being healthy. It's just part of the new policy so they do it.
I mean, since all of the fundraisers fail, they sell cotton candy and popcorn in the main office.
For a little while they started taking away the Ale` Cart`e. Because it's just loaded with junk food. Cheetos, mini pizzas, tater tots, cinnamon rolls, the best sugar cookies in the land, etc.
But then they earned 1/3 less of the money they usually did, and kids were starting to get angry, so they brought it back.
Anyways. Their sugar cookies. Goodness, they're so freakin' delicious! They have a buttery soft sugar cookie slathered with pink icing. They're so good.
I never buy hot lunch. I just buy the sugar cookies. (because I hate feeling like a cheapskate and having my friend buy them for me).
They're unbelievably good. The smell is almost as good as the taste.
In this playdough's case, the smell is a whole lot better than the taste.
Sugar cookie playdough. You know you want to.
Non-edible Sugar Cookie Playdough
You're favorite playdough recipe that smells and looks just like a sugar cookie!
Makes: Enough for 5 kids
Ingredients:
- 1 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 tablespoon cream of tartar (find it in the spice section)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup water
- yellow food coloring (not too much, you want just a hint, not a lemon color)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
Notes: You don't want very much yellow food coloring, just enough to make it sugar cookie color. You can add more or less vanilla depending on how much you're willing to use, or however much it takes till it gets the sugar cookie smell.
Doesn't this look delicious? I love sugar cookie bars, even more than I love sugar cookies! These ones are from Crazy Daisy.
This playdough is super fun, to play with, not to eat! It's really fun for little ones to play cookie factory, but they'll soon know that this does not taste good!
I edited some photos by Dimpleprints. I made them say Sugar Cookie Playdough at the top, and added other cookie pictures for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to Carli and her genius snowmen playdough. Thanks for the great idea Carli! Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about Carli! Because while it looks like it's about a fun kid playdough idea, it's really all about honoring our fellow blogger and friend Carli. Keep up the good work Carli! You are a great example of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the sugar cookie playdough, because really, this is all about you. I don't blog because I like desserts. The whole purpose of me blogging and getting up in the morning is to honor you. I hope you are not offended about me editing your photos so that my blog can be all about you.
Go say hi to Carli for me!

No comments:
Post a Comment