So.
This post is, kind of weird.
I mean, if you want to live a healthy lifestyle, you should just do it. And really, most of you aren't dessert bloggers, and if you are, you already have it all figured out.
This is more of a reminder to me of what I need to be doing.
(Note: I was mentally planning this in my head even before my parents went on a health rampage. This is mainly a note to them, because they are some of the only ones who read my blog.)
Tip #1 Don't work for the blog, make the blog work for you.
This means you shouldn't be making things you wouldn't normally make. If you don't make five desserts a week normally, then don't! Make it a craft blog, whatever you would normally do.
Or do a food blog, a combo of main meals and desserts. Don't make yourself do things that you wouldn't do with a regular occupation.
Another tip that goes with this, don't overdose. If you wouldn't normally make ten desserts a week, then don't! Make two desserts, and make some of your posts be tips or how to's on dessert blogging.
Tip #2 Be Skinny
(This is a skinny muffin from Sally's Baking Addiction)
This does not mean you need to go try and lose weight. Skinny in the blogging world means healthy. Not exactly a salad, but a lightened up muffin.
Try to post one skinny recipe a week. Most recipes are very easy to make skinny by substituting things like: greek yogurt, applesauce, bananas, that kind of thing.
Another tip that goes with this is single serving is the key. If you just have a whole pan of brownies lying around, you are likely to eat them. If you only make single servings, then after you eat it there won't be anything left to eat. As a result, you won't overeat.
Tip #3 Don't Eat Snack Food
This is super hard for me, because all I do is snack!
But as dessert bloggers, you make desserts. And most of the time eat them. There is no room left over for snacking with all those desserts!
So, don't buy snacks, and don't eat snacks. Whenever you feel really tempted, think of what you want to make for your next post.
Tip #4 Exercise
This isn't really for dessert bloggers, it's for everyone.
But since dessert bloggers tend to eat more desserts, we need to exercise.
Of course, I'm super bad at this. But, you know, I run to the bus stop every day. That counts, right? Riiiiight?
You don't need to go overboard. But try to get an hour of exercise every day. At least that's what they're always telling me in school. Maybe it's different for adults.
I know, not a healthy picture. But doesn't it look yummy? Come on, you know I'm not that healthy.
Anyways, I hope these tips help you. And even if they don't, they're a good reminder for me.


No comments:
Post a Comment