Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Better Than Anything Funfetti Poke Cake

Better Than Anything Funfetti Poke Cake from Occasional Indulgences Handbook - a funfetti base drenched with sweetened condensed milk makes this gooey and irresistible, one of the best BTS cakes yet!
There are some things that have magical qualities.

They just somehow make everything better.

 Things that go here are : rainbows, bandaids, lip gloss (what?), maybe unicorns (still a little iffy about them), sprinkles, and sweetened condensed milk.

Bandaids make everything better. Because, I mean, they cover up the hurt.

Unicorns are just magical.

Rainbows rock. I mean, have you ever seen a double rainbow? Check it out!

Super magical.

And sprinkles are right up there with rainbows. All those colors together make my heart go pitter-pat. Plus sprinkles mean cake batter. Which is the best thing ever to be made in a KitchenAid.

And the most magical of all . .. Sweetened Condensed Milk. Whatever you add it to becomes awesome. Boil it and becomes caramel. Put it on top of a bar and it makes it ooey gooey and irresistible. And the best thing to do with sweetened condensed milk?

Put it in a cake. Poke holes in a cake and put it in. Sooo. Good.

And then top it with cool whip. Veeery very good.

So I decided to combine two magical things, sprinkles and sweetened condensed milk.

And I got what I think is the most magical thing in the world. I mean, look at it.
 Better Than Anything Funfetti Poke Cake from Occasional Indulgences Handbook - a funfetti base drenched with sweetened condensed milk makes this gooey and irresistible, one of the best BTS cakes yet!
 Better Than Anything Funfetti Poke Cake
A buttery funfetti cake filled with sweetened condensed milk to make it ooey gooey and one of the best BTS cakes you'll ever have.
Ingredients:
  • 1 9x13 funfetti cake of your choice, baked
  • 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tub of cool whip
  • sprinkles and toffee for garnish
Directions:
  1. Leave the cake in the pan it was baked in. 
  2. Poke about 20-25 holes in the cake with the handle of a wooden spoon. Pour sweetened condensed milk onto cake. Try to spread as evenly as possible and fill all the holes. 
  3. Spread cool whip on top. 
  4. Garnish with sprinkles and toffee. Serve, or chill and wait. 
Notes: I prefer it chilled, but you can serve it immediately, whatever your little heart desires.


I could not stop eating this. It was so good! I started trying to scoop out holes with an actual spoon. Whoops! Huge mistake that made a huge hole in the cake. I started eating little pieces of cake from the gooey hole, and it got bigger. And bigger. So big that no amount of cool whip would cover it.

So my family was a little angry about that, but it was okay. Because once they tasted the cake, they forgave me. (Right mom?) :)


 I edited some photos by What Katie's Baking. I made them say Funfetti Poke Cake at the bottom for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to Haley and her delicious fluffy funfetti poke cake. Thanks for the delicious recipe Katie! Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about Katie! Because while it looks like it's about the best cake ever in the world, it's really all about honoring our fellow blogger and friend Katie. Keep up the good work Katie! You are a great example of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the ice cream for fun, because really, this is all about you. This post is for you. The BTS cake is just a nice little addition, like a present for you. The whole purpose of me writing this is to honor you. Not the ice cream. Because this is all about you. The whole reason of my blog is so I can honor bloggers like you. I do the recipes just to attract people here so they can see what a truly amazing personality you have. I hope you aren't angry that I edited your photos. The only reason I did it is so that I can compare the differences between our recipes and show that even though we're different, we're both awesome. Again, I hope you're not angry that I honored you like this. That is why I edited your photo, to honor you and show how cool you are. I hope I can grow up and make as many cool things as you.Once again, if you are offended by me editing your photos, well think of it like this. This is just a shout out to you, like many bloggers do with their friends at the bottom of their posts.

And if you can't tell, I merged it with some ice cream. Because Katie's photo doesn't have gooey sweetened condensed milk dripping out of the sides.

Here's her photo.                             
funfetti cake piled with sprinkles

And mine.
Better Than Anything Funfetti Poke Cake from Occasional Indulgences Handbook - a funfetti base drenched with sweetened condensed milk makes this gooey and irresistible, one of the best BTS cakes yet!
Can you see the difference?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...