Friday, March 15, 2013

Trefoil Push Pops

So.

Nailpolish.
(have you noticed that every post/sentence I do start's with "so"?)

It's the elephant in the room.

For some. (Like me.)

I used to hate nail polish. (As in . . . last year) For an activity we did we did each others nails with all this professional stuff. I finally mustered up the courage to do a sparkly reddish pink nail polish when a girl came over and said "Baker, you're doing that all wrong. You need to put on a base!" And then she grabbed my hand and messed up what I had started. I spent the rest of the hour hiding under the table eating M&Ms with little kids. Socially elite I am not.

Anyways, the worst part about the whole thing was that I had brought my own nail polish. So stupid. What did I think I was going to do? I felt so dumb after grabbing my nail polish from the corner of the room and walking out with no nail polish on. No manicure (or is it pedicure?)

Well, we did the same thing again.

I have made excellent progress over the past months through pinterest to heal this wide rift. I have pinned things like this.

I finally chose to do a watermelon manicure with my nails.

I had seen a watermelon pedicure, and couldn't wait to try a hand version.

My friend is super talented and gladly did it for me. She did this cute little B on the big nails. (B for my first name).

Of course, as soon as I get home I discover there are much better ways to do this.


Watermelon nail art tutorial
But I don't care. Because I like my nails. Even if the bottom doesn't look like a watermelon rind.

And you know how the girl scouts stopped calling Trefoils Trefoils and started calling them Shortbreads?

Yeah, I don't care about that either, I'm just gonna keep calling them trefoils.

Trefoil Push Pops
A push pop layered with shortbread cake, trefoils, frosting and gold sprinkles.
Ingredients:
  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 1 1/4 c. flour
  • 1/8 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 box trefoils
  • frosting
  • 1/4 c. crushed graham crackers
Directions: 
Cream butter. Beat hard until it cracks. Sift together salt, flour and sugar. Add slowly to butter and beat thoroughly. Line one 9 inch pan with wax paper. Turn paste into pan. Smooth over. Prick top with fork to make design. Bake at 350-400 degrees for 35 minutes. Let cool in pan to harden. Cut out into circles. Put into push pops. Add crushed graham crackers to frosting. Layer frosting, cake, and trefoils. Put frosting on top and sprinkle with gold jimmies.

The AMAZING Prado Cream Cheese Flan Push Pop with Almond Cookie by Chef Jonathan Hale of Prado in San Diego













As you can see, Picmonkey is getting mad, so all my photos are blurry.  
 

As expected, no one has never made Trefoil Push Pops, so there were no pictures of it. These are pictures of a cream cheese flan push pops from Chef Jonathon  (or something like that) from the blog Kid Chef Eliana. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...