DISCLAIMER: This is actually my idea, no one elses, but my camera's broken (waaah!) and I still wanted to have a picture for the post. This beautiful photo is from the lovely Melanie Dawn Harter. This is actually the way she makes key lime pie and she posted it on flicker. I edited the photo but it's technically still hers. Love the way you made this Melanie!
So.
I had hair incidents last week and never blogged about them. So here I go.
I was making gooey butter cake. I leaned over to grab the butter and . . .
I felt a tugging on my head. I peered over and gasped, not believing what I was seeing. My hair, in the mixer. I hurriedly turned off the machine. I pulled my hair out, gaping at it. Had this really just happened? My hair was covered in a cream cheese powdered sugar mixture. What should I do? I told my mom there was a kitchen emergency. After a little nagging, she came upstairs. She told me just to rinse it out. I rinsed out my hair, and then put in shampoo in that one area, then rinsed that out.
All right incident number two! I was talking with my mom while she was cooking dinner. I smelled smoke. The smoke was coming from my hair! I ran over to the sink and turned on cold water rinsing it over my hair. There were black chunks in it. I pulled out all the burnt stuff (eew!), but my hair was really damaged. The next day I had to trim off two inches of it, which was sad.
Anyways, have you noticed that every idea you come up with has already been done? Yeah, me too. BTW, this picture looks nothing like the pie. My pie looks like, well, a fruit pie in lots of different colors. I have berry jubilee pie filling in there for the red blue and purple part of the rainbow. Then I have peach pie filling, banana cream pie filling, and some key lime pie dip (equal parts lime juice and marshmallow fluff).
Oh. my gosh. This is unbelievable. Definitely not your ordinary treat. It's so many different flavors all at the same time. It's crazy yet delicious.
Rainbow Pie
This pie is perfect for St. Patty's Day with all the rainbows in it. It has half a can of berry jubilee, 1/4 can of peach pie, half a box of banana cream pie, and some key lime pie dip, all rest on a huge graham cracker crust. It's a rainbow of flavors!
Ingredients:
- 1/2 can of berry jubilee pie filling
- 1.4 can peach pie (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 box banana cream pie pudding
- 1 cold milk
- 1/2 (14 oz) can fat free sweetened condensed milk
- 4 Tbsp Key Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Marshmallow Fluff
- 1 graham cracker crust (try to find the biggest you can)
- *optional* marshmallows
Lime Dip adapted from Cookies and Cups
This is a lot of pie, so you can try it in bar form. You can try to make things homemade, but the canned pie filling helps it go smoother, because you already have to make the pudding and lime dip. This feeds a crowd and is great for a potluck.

No comments:
Post a Comment