Really.
I would have said that I'm still a kid at heart, but, I actually am a kid.
So I'm immature.
I still watch Arthur.
I know. So dumb. But I can't help but get wrapped up in that little 3rd graders world. I really like that each kid has something that makes them unique, Arthur has glasses, Francine is Jewish, George is dyslexic, Binky has a nightlight and an adopted sister, and is allergic to peanuts, Buster has asthma and his parents are divorced, Brain celebrates Kwanzaa.
And I still love cotton candy. (But really, who doesn't?)
I do stuff like look at unicorn poop.
And other poop
I don't like sushi (never have and NEVER will)
I speak pig-latin (and taught my sister too)
Ancay Ouyay peaksay itway?
I've only seen one PG 13 movie in my life (and it was on accident. we didn't know it was violent. and it wasn't even that violent, there was just police officers in it doing dangerous stuff) (BTW it was a totally awesome movie)
And I still dream about being a girl scout. Now, I don't really care for all that making fire with 2 sticks stuff. I just want the cookies.
And there are plenty to be had.
Have you ever thought about what happens to the leftover cookies after the sales? They're just thrown away.
Which is very sad (I don't care about the environment, I just think someone should eat those cookies. Me.) If I was a girl scout, that wouldn't happen. We would sell cookies in the summer too. When we would go to girl scout camp, we would have tagalong s'mores.
Of course, if I was a girl scout, well, let's just say the cookie monster incident could happen all over again. Only instead of cookie monster going crazy, it would be the not so little girl scout Secret Baker.
And, one more little change I would make is different cookies in the limelight. Not just thin mints and samoas. No with Secret Baker in charge, everyone would know about all the cookies. Every. One. Lemonades, Trefoils, CinnaSpins, Thank U Berry Munches, every cookie.
So to take off all the pressure off of thin mints (because really, how much can that cookie take before it has a meltdown in the middle of the road) I'm making a lemonade milkshake. Not a lemonade shake, a girl scout cookie lemonades milkshake.
Oh yeah, it's as good as it sounds.
Girl Scout Cookie Lemonades Milkshake
A milkshake made with girl scout lemonades cookies.
Ingredients:
- 2 C vanilla ice cream
- 1 C milk
- 4-5 lemonade cookies
Adapted from Your Home Based Mom
Lemonades have never been my favorite (or the rest of the country's) but I thought I'd give them a try in this shake. Oh boy am I glad I did! This is so good and lemony fresh! Try it, you will not be disappointed.

No comments:
Post a Comment