Saturday, March 9, 2013

Easy {Skinny} Key Lime Ice Cream

DISCLAIMER: This is actually my idea, no one elses, but my camera's broken (waaah!) and I still wanted to have a picture for the post. This beautiful photo is from the lovely Launi who blogs over at Gracious Rain (love the name!). She made some Sub-Lime Fruit Sherbert, looks to die for yum! Go check out her blog! I edited her photos, but they're technically still hers, so go look at her recipe, amazing!

At school it's a new trimester. The third trimester. The last trimester.

This means a new schedule. My schedule has changed a TON. One of the biggest changes is that I no longer have PE.

Which, you would think, would be very good. Because PE stinks (literally smells) and is hard and not fun and uncomfortable. Now I have health. At first I was all happy, because obviously, not having PE is something to rejoice about.

But I'm not sure if the change was good.

Because in health, it's like an actual class With desks. And binders. And quizzes. And the teacher is (sort of) mean. And health is gross. We have to watch really gross videos. There was one video all about vaccines. It was kind of interesting, but I almost fainted every time it showed them injecting kids. Another gross thing we have to learn about is teenage growth. We've watched all the videos already (like in 5th grade for girls and for boys the year after that). But we've never really watched them together. Everyone's kind of nervous.

Another video we have to watch in health is about anorexic people.

It. Is. So. Disgusting. Who would even do that to themselves? Forcing yourself to puke? Not eating? (I would die after one meal. I couldn't even attempt it. One walk through the kitchen and I'd be stuffing my face with Cheez-its.)

So don't be anorexic. You'll get so skinny that it looks like you're from a third world country. And you'll die.

Another thing we have to do is a food journal of what we eat every day. It's not that bad, because I don't include snacks  (like, 70% of what I eat is snacks) But we also have to do an exercise log. And that's when I start to feel pathetic (kidding, I'm pretty sure lot's of other kids logs look like mine)

But really, it's not very impressive. I'm starting to count walking to the bus stop as exercise. I say that I walk up and down 4 hills every day. And, I guess I do, do that. Because I walk down two hills in the morning to get to the bus (one is regular size, and the other is really small. But let's not quibble about the details) And then I walk back up those "hills" when I come home from school.

But in other news, I made key lime ice cream. It's skinny, so it's healthy right? Which makes up for me not lifting weights or jogging or that kind of thing. Right?

Easy Skinny Key Lime Ice Cream
2 Ingredient no machine required ice cream makes this easy beyond belief. Paired with the key lime juice makes this creamy with a tart zing to it. This is great for St. Patty's Day with all the green lime juice in it.
Ingredients:

  • 1 can fat-free sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces)
  • 1 container fat-free Cool Whip (8 ounces)
  • 2 small key limes, zested and juiced (You can also use one really big lime)
  • 1/2 teaspoon lime extract (this is kind of hard to find, it's okay if you can't)
Directions: Stir together sweetened condensed milk and cool whip in a large tupperware container. Stir in the zest and juice from 1 lime and the extract (this is optional, but I wanted an extra punch of lime flavor). Stir until mixed and freeze until hardened, at least 6 hours or overnight.
 Adapted from Crazy For Crust


So, I know that Key Lime Pie ice cream has already been done. Lots of times. But this is different because it's skinny, and it's not pie. It's just lime. No chunks of crust in this. Plus, this is one of the easiest ice cream recipes. I rarely make ice cream, mainly just because I don't have much patience to freeze it, plus, I got this idea that ice cream is really hard to do. It totally doesn't have to be! All the ice cream I make (at least starting now) is the easy 2 ingredient kind.

Anyways, this is really yummy. I'm not a big citrus fan, but even I liked this! I liked putting marshmallows on it. Plus, this is green for St. Patrick's Day, so not only is it healthy, it's festive!

Photo Credit: Edited by me, original photo from Gracious Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...