Sunday, March 10, 2013

Thin Mint Cookie Butter


So. There are sooooo many things to do lately in blog land. St. Patty's day, which means posting lime, and mint. And rainbows. Definitely rainbows. And then don't forget Girl Scout Cookie Season. Time to do thin mints, samoas and tagalongs. And then, just to add to all the chaos, Easter is in March this year. Which means pastels, carrot cake extravaganza, cadbury creme eggs, coconut cream and bunny stuff.

So much to blog, so little time!

Anyways, I decided to start the Girl Scout Cookies first.

It's pretty easy to throw some Samoas out there, but I really wanted to challenge myself this year. I'm doing a Girl Scout Cookie Challenge. Which means I'm going to do one post every day. Each post about every different type of cookie. EVERY cookie. Not just thin mints. Do Si Dos, Trefoils, Lemonades, they're all being included.

To start off, I'll give you a little schedule of everything coming up.

Sunday (today): Thin Mints
Monday: Samoas
Tuesday: Tagalongs
Wednesday: Lemonades
Thursday: Trefoils
Friday: Savannah Smiles
Saturday: Do Si Dos

And then somewhere thrown in the mix there will be Dulce De Leches and Thank U Berry Munches.

Obviously, today is thin mints. You usually don't see me posting thin mint stuff. You actually don't see me posting any kind of girl scout cookie treat besides Samoas. That's because it's always hard for me to find cookies. I feel like Samoas can be used as a flavor combo, caramel, chocolate and coconut. So that's why I do it the most. When people post thin mint stuff without actual thin mints, it bugs me. Because that's just chocolate mint.

So what do you do when you are thin mint less? Why, you buy the cheap Walmart kind of course! They're called Fudge Mint Cremes and are essentially the same thing.

So, I love cookie butter. When I first made it, I kind of didn't know what to do with it. Well, I have the answer. Just use it wherever you would use peanut butter or nutella. On toast, sandwiches, anything really.

Thin Mint Cookie Butter 
A cookie butter made from crushed up thin mints.
Ingredients:
  •  15 thin mint cookies (a little more than half the box)
  • 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream (more, as desired)
  • *optional* mint chips to drizzle on top
Directions: In the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment, whiz the cookies until they are fine crumbs. Slowly drizzle in all of the oil and heavy cream with the processor turned on. Stop the processor and test the thickness of the spread. If you'd like it thinner, add more heavy cream, one tablespoon at a time until it gets to the consistency you prefer.
Makes one cup. Store in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Buns in My Oven.

So yeah, I know I say this in pretty much every post, but again, the picture doesn't look like what I made. But it's actually pretty close! Mine was darker, and had a mint drizzle on top (you can see I tried to recreate it in PicMonkey)
The original photos come from Flickr, the person who posted them was PetiteFamily93. She made some raw chocolate mint spread with cocoa powder and mint leaves. Sounds great!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...