Something very bad has happened.
The girl scouts have vanished.
Right in the middle of cookie season.
What! you gasp. But, why, that's just horrible! Secret Baker, how did this happen?
You are right dear readers. This is horrible. Catastrophic really. They have vanished from my town. My state practically. I know this because . . .
There are no girl scouts. Anywhere. No little girls dressed up in uniforms standing in front of Walmart with their pleading puppy dog faces selling cookies.
I have come up with a very realistic solution of how this happened.
One day little Girl Scout Suzy Mae hit's jackpot for cookie selling.
She proceeded to go every year. But one year, she was late. The cookie monster was going into a deprived GS cookie frenzy. As soon as she knocked on his door he burst out, running to the wagon of cookies. He proceeded to eat all of them. The worst part of this is that he was so hungry, he ate every single one. He even ran all the way to the girl scout cookie making people and ate all of those too. He ate all of the ingredients (and then proceeded to jump around and suntan, which is the cookie monster equivalent of mixing ingredients and baking them) so there was nothing left to make cookies with. The girl scout troop just got so sad they decided to leave them gem state and go to Hawaii. They were never seen again.
And that is why I do not have girl scout cookies. But, that doesn't matter, because I went to Walmart!
Because they have cookies that they make that are pretty darn close to Samoas.
So, Walmart is good in that area (I realize that they are not good in a lot of other areas, but you have to give them credit for having fake GS cookies).
So, I love Samoas (any GS cookie for that matter). And I love muddy buddies.
The two just kind of met, and when they met, it was awesome. Truly awesome Samoas Muddy Buddies.
Samoas Muddy Buddies
Chex mix covered with chocolate and caramel, with toasted coconut and chopped samoas all coated with powdered sugar makes a fun spin on puppy chow.
Ingredients:
- 4 1/2 cups Corn Chex
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup melted caramel (it works better chilled)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped Samoas
These are so so soooo good. I love muddy buddies of all kinds, they're just so fun to snack on, but these ones are over the top. With the crunchy chex, the gooey caramel, the and then the whole thing tossed in powdered sugar, you can't just have one bite.
Photo Credit: I edited The Vegan Menu's Vegan Muddy Buddy photos.

No comments:
Post a Comment