DISCLAIMER: This is actually my idea, no one elses, but my camera's broken (waaah!) and I still wanted to have a picture for the post. This beautiful photo is from the lovely Ashton who blogs over at Something Swanky (love the name!). She made some Red Velvet Cheesecake Pudding Mousse. I've actually made it, and it's amazing! Ashton is one of my favorite bloggers (on my list of bloggy love on the sidebar) and I really recommend going to her blog. I edited her photos and turned them orange and added words, but they're technically still hers. Hers are much better than the orangey edited version, they're beautiful. Go check out her blog!
During the weekend, we went down to my grandparents. We had lots of fun, but there's a few things I want to highlight.
I got a fat lip. And dyed my pants orange.
Both accidental.
I got the fat lip from my cousin.
During the Easter egg hunt, we both saw the same egg.
It was hidden in a cement wall that separates the backyard from the park behind.
Anyways, I grabbed the egg and he came up and knocked me from behind into the wall.
So my lip was bloody.
That doesn't sound that bad, but think about this. Someone pushed me with enough force to break through my skin and cut a vein and make it bleed.
I'm not mad at him, because I don't think he even knew he did it, but it kind of put a damper on my festivities after that.
Anyways, the pants.
We were dying Easter eggs and suddenly . . .
The tablecloth pulled over. Orange dye was spilling all over my pants and feet. And the floor.
`So now my feet are orange. And I own one less pair of skinny jeans. :(
So, for a little while (like, an hour) I had an aversion to the color orange. And then I remembered that carrot cake is orange, and if I hate orange, I won't be able to post the carrot cake extravaganza for Easter.
And that's just a catastrophe.
So I got over my orange pants (because really, I've been wanting to buy new ones anyway) so that I could share this with you. Cuz you need this in your life.
Just saying.
Carrot Cake Cheesecake Pudding Mousse
Pudding mousse with a cheesecake pudding mix as a base flavored with carrot cake mix.
Ingredients:
- 1 small box cheesecake flavored instant pudding mix
- 1 small tub cool whip
- 1 1/2 c. milk
- 1/2 c. carrot cake mix (with the carrots mostly hydrated), sifted
Notes: This tastes best after being chilled. I hate sifting, and a great tip to speed up adding the cake mix is to just stir really well with a wire whisk before adding it in. The carrots need to be mostly hydrated, because no one wants to choke on dried up carrots, but they don't have to be all the way. It's better if they are, but if you're in a hurry, just soak them in water until they're almost soft with some crunch left in them.
Photos edited by me, but originally from Something Swanky's Red Velevet Pudding Mousse.

No comments:
Post a Comment