Thursday, March 28, 2013

Fluffer-Nutella Peeps Pound Cake "Sandwich"

Have you ever been in a blogging slump?

For those of you who don't exactly speak the blogger language, that's when you can't think of anything.

It's maddening!

I know that Easter is coming up soon and I need to hurry and post Easter things, but I can't seem to find the time to do it! Or I can think of it, but my idea has already been used.

Or I edit a photo and make a great recipe and then I can't think of anything to say.

This week has definitely been one of those weeks.

I had to pull out my emergency posts that I made last week just in case. (You know, posts that you do ahead of time and get all ready to post just in case you ever need them. They're like your emergency kit for blogger emergencies)

And it still took me forever to come up with this post.

The idea just kind of came to me, I'm thinking.

What do I need for Easter: Carrot Cake doublecheck , Duncan Hines Spring Frosting Starters check, Peeps, definitelynotcheck!

Well peeps are basically marshmallows, right? So I'll just do whatever I'd use marshmallows for! Except for one teensy problem, the only thing I use marshmallows for is s'mores, and s'mores peeps have already been done one jillion times. 

So then I think  . .
Well, there's fluffernutter right? I know! I'll do a peeps fluffernutter! But . . . Peeps and peanut butter, that just sounds gross! What other spread is there? Oooh! Ooh! I'll do nuttella fluffernutter! It'll be fluffer-nutella! I'm a genius, but since this is basically already a dessert, let's bump it up a notch! Let's make one of those pound cake sandwiches!

Ah. The inner monologue of a food blogger.

Aren't you grateful for it?

(or at least happy at the gooey peep nutella moist pound cake deliciousness it gives you?)

Fluffer-Nutella Peeps Pound Cake Sandwich
Peeps, marshmallow fluff and nutella smothered between two pieces of pound cake for a fluffernutter that is out of this world.

Serves:       Prep Time:        
1                10 min.

Ingredients:
  • 2 slices of pound cake
  • Nutella
  • Peeps
  • Marshmallow Fluff
Directions: Slice the pound cake. Spread on nutella on one side, and marshmallow fluff on the other. Place peeps in middle. Serve.

Notes: You can just buy a pound cake from the store for really easy assembly. But if you want to make your own (do it do it do it!) you can use this recipe. The cake cuts better when it's chilled. Because the peeps are already there, you don't need very much marshmallow fluff. The ratio of nutella to marshmallow fluff is 2:1. I didn't include measurements because you can change it to fit what you like. I like the sandwich best when it's been warmed in the microwave because that gets the peeps all warm and gooey.
20100329peepfluffer1.jpg
So, what I didn't realize when I made this, is that Jessie from Cakespy had already done it! When I was searching for images to edit, I saw that she had done a peep fluffernutter, but I just assumed it was just bread with peeps and peanut butter.

Oh no, me and Jessie basically did the same thing! She made hers with pound cake too!

So the only difference is that mine is made with Nutella.

Oh well, maybe we have that secret twin thing just like Ashton and Dorothy.

Either version is good, and I really recommend making it!

 Oh and guess what! No photo credit for you today! I used tons of different photos and merging in Picmonkey to try to create my own. So, this really is my own photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...