Everyone has them.
At first, I used to think I didn't have any. Now, I'm becoming more and more aware of them.
All the time.
One of my pet peeves, is the word pet peeve. Peeve, doesn't it just sound like a bad word? Like, " Oh my peeve, where is the marshmallow fluff?"
Another one, is buses with noses.

I prefer the flat kind thankyouverymuch.
Mushy kiwis.
Flies (ohmygoshsoannoying! Now that it's spring, they're coming back. Grrr, I could dedicate a whole post to the bad stuff about flies.)
Kissing in the hall at school (it got so bad last week that our principal got on the morning announcements and had to talk about it. Only apparently he doesn't like the word kiss, so he just said PDA. "No PDA in the hall students!")
Popping knuckles. I hate hearing them. Although, now I'm popping my own. I know, soooo bad! I used to be able to only pop one finger (my pinky on my right hand) but this
And my biggest pet peeve of all is . . .
Being late.
I cannot stand being late. I totally freak out if we're not somewhere on time. I'm always telling my parents "Hurry up hurry up hurryup! We're gonna be laaaaaaate! Oh now, do you think we'll be late? Oh my gosh we aaaaaare. Hurry hurry get in the car we can't be late for this!"
So, I'm usually on time to most places because if I'm not the world basically falls apart.
But despite all of this, I procrastinate. I barely escape turning things in late by doing them the night before.
So even though Dr. Suess's birthday was last week, I'm finally posting these.
Forgive me? I can give you a seven layer bar laden with reeces mini cups, cadbury mini eggs, marshmallows, swedish fish, gummy bears and sweetened condensed milk. All better now?
Dr. Suess 7 Layer Bars
A vanilla base, laden with reeces mini cups, cadbury mini eggs, strawberry marshmallows, swedish fish, gummy bears, and all topped off with sweetened condensed milk.
Ingredients:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup mini reese's peanut butter cups
- 1/2 cup cadbury mini eggs
- 1/4 cup swedish fish
- 1/4 cup strawberry marshmallows
- 1/4 cup gummy bears
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
So, you're probably wondering how you can do something Dr. Suess flavored. Well, I did things that represented stuff in his books.
I got a lot of my inspiration from Trish's Dr. Suess Ice Cream Party
She has a huge variety of stuff on it, and it really makes me want to do this with my little siblings (hahahahahaa just kidding, that's way too much work but it's fun to dream about.)
I have Reese's mini peanut butter cups for thidwick the moose (you know, his moose tracks?)
Gummy bears for the Brown-bar-ba-loots in the Lorax.
Swedish fish from 1 fish 2 fish red fish blue fish
Cadbury mini eggs from Horton Hatches the Egg (or green eggs and ham)
and Strawberry marshmallows from Cat in the Hat. You know, red and white, his hat?
Anyways, just like always, the photos I edited don't look very much like what I made. For one thing, mine have a vanilla base, not chocolate. They're from Back for Seconds. She made Easter Egg Magic Gooey Bars, which look almost as delicious as this!

Becca you make me laugh! PDA was a pet peeve of mine in middle school too. Just glad you're not joining in :) I was thinking "How did she get the red swedish fish to disappear into that chocolate looking base in the picture????" Thanks for the explanation.
ReplyDelete