Saturday, March 16, 2013

Deep Dish Savannah Smiles Cookies

So, daylight savings happened again. I do not like daylight savings (who honestly does?). I don't even know why we do it, but if we're going to do it, we should make a few changes.

Instead of having us spring up in the spring and fall down in the fall, we should fall down in the spring and spring up in the fall. Because . . .

In the spring/summer, the days are longer. A LOT longer. You can tell because at 9:00 there's still kids playing outside with their friends because it's still sunny. If we fell back, it wouldn't make it so sunny, instead it would be perfectly normal.

In the fall/winter the days are a lot shorter. So much longer and darker. At 6:00 it looks like midnight. I don't like eating dinner when it's dark outside. So if we sprung upward, it would be almost normal.

So, nature makes little changes to make things darker. It would be okay, but then we emphasize it by adding or taking away an hour.

So, yeah, ditch daylight savings, or change it the way it should be.

It makes people cry. And people should not cry, they should smile. Want to know what makes me smile? These sunny deep dish savannah smiles cookies.

Deep Dish Savannah Smiles Cookies

A lemon cake mix cookie base with chopped girl scout cookies thrown in. Then dusted with powdered sugar and baked in a deep dish pan, these cookies are over the top.

Ingredients:
  • 1 lemon cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 stick of butter (I always use a few tablespoons less, just slice some off)
  • 1 box of Savannah Smiles Cookies, roughly chopped
  • powdered sugar for garnish
Directions: Preheat oven to 350. Grease a pan (whoopie pie, muffin, deep dish cookie, jelly roll, whatever would make that shape). Combine cake mix, eggs and butter until dough consistency. Place dough in cavities of the pan. Put cookies on top. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Dust with powdered sugar.



So, lemon isn't really my thing, you could actually just say citrus isn't my thing (except for oranges!I love oranges!), but these cookies are good enough that I got over it. Like, reaally good.

I've got tons of reasons why you should make these.
1. They're super easy, because they're only 4 ingredients and made with a cake mix.
2. They're just plain delicious, citrus haters and lovers alike.
3. They have girl scout cookies in them.
4. They have powdered sugar on top. Which is yummy.
5. How many more reasons do you need? Just go make these!

Photo Credit: Edited by me, original photo from Food.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...