You see, buses come in two different shapes.
They come in the shape with a little "nose" sticking out.
And the ones that are just flat at the front.
The ones that have the little nose have that because the engine is located in that little nose. The ones that don't have a nose have the engine sitting right next to the driver on a little platform. Just keep that in mind.
Last year we had the second kind of bus. Keep that in mind as well.
One time when we were driving to school (it's reeeeaaaly far away. Like, we have to get on the freeway because it's so far. So far that the bus comes at 8:10 and we get to school at 8:35) there was this weird smell.
I immediately pointed it out to my friend, who said she couldn't smell anything. It was a really weird smell, kind of sickly sweet, like caramel/maple syrup and gas/motor oil.
Then a weird beeping noise started. Some kids were joking that there was a bomb and the bus would blow up. (what's super funny is that that actually happened. sort of)
Then the smell got a lot stronger. A LOT stronger. So strong that my friend could smell it. Everyone was commenting on it. Something was definitely going on with the bus.
We pulled into Artic Circle, and the bus driver stood up and grabbed a weird little handle on the platform thingy. She pulled it up and there was a HUGE hissing noise and smoke and gross caramel motor oil smell. None of us had known about the nose engine bus thingy, so this was a big surprise. She had to call another bus and we had to evacuate and go on some other bus where the bus driver was completely dressed in yellow.
And so we were late to school and everyone told all the other kids that the bus blew up, but no one believed us.
I don't know what this has to do with do si dos pizza at all, but I know that this pizza totally rocks.
Do-Si-Dos Cookie Pizza
A peanut butter oatmeal cookie base with lots of do si dos layered on top, then drizzled with fudge sauce.
Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 box of Do-Si-Dos
- fudge sauce

So, I had no idea what do-si-dos were. I used to think they were a spin off of Cinna-Spins, but actually they have nothing to do with that at all! They're peanut butter oatmeal cookies.
I totally love cookie pizza, and as soon as they said peanut butter oatmeal cookies, I knew what this was going to be. I made a peanut butter oatmeal base, and then pressed Do-Si-Dos on top, and then, to make it even yummier, I added a fudge drizzle.
Cuz' everything tastes better with chocolate.
These photos are edited by me, but originally came from The Friday Friends.


No comments:
Post a Comment