Are you ready?
I don't like soda that much.
It's just too fizzy and sweet, and it makes me burp and hiccup. And hiccups are like the black plague. Seriously. And when I burp, I burp loud. Which is sort of rude and embarrassing, not to mention that I can sort of feel the root beer gas coming through my nose. Gross.
But, I do like some sodas. Hope is still there!
Want to know the sodas I like?
There's two. And I'm super picky about one of them.
They are . . . (drumroll please) tiki punch and orange soda.
Tiki punch is made by the Shasta company. It's basically carbonated fruit punch, and I LOVE it! It's super yummy, I'd almost go as far to say that I'm addicted.
I'm very picky about my orange soda. No Fanta or Sunkist, I only like the kind found in WalMart. And it cannot be the Walmart Great Value brand (do they even make soda?). Just a normal boring kind from Walmart. Or the Dollar Store.
That being said, I'm not a huge fan of root beer. But one way that I like root beer?
Muddy buddy form.
Root Beer Muddy Buddies
Muddy buddies that taste just like root beer.
Serving: 10 Prep Time: 10 min. Total Time: 10 min.
Ingredients:
- 9 cups Rice Chex Cereal
- 1 cup white melting chocolate
- 1/2 cup Duncan Hines Frosting Creations frosting
- 1 teaspoon root beer extract
- 1/2 teaspoon root beer
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Add root beer and extract to frosting. Mix until totally combined
- In a large mixing bowl, microwave the white chocolate and the frosting for 1 minute, add the vanilla. Mix together until smooth.
- Pour the cereal and chocolate mixture into the bowl, and use a large rubber spatula to mix the cereal until it's coated in the chocolate mixture.
- Pour the powdered sugar into a gallon sized zip top bag. Use a large spoon (or whatever method works for you) to scoop the cereal into the bag. Seal the bag and shake until the cereal is coated in the powdered mixture.
Hugely Adapted from Something Swanky
This is super good, and not to mention easy! It reminds me of a root beer float that didn't get enough ice cream, which always bugs me, but in muddy buddy form it's actually pretty good!
I edited some photos by Two Peas and Their Pod. I made them say root beer muddy buddies at the bottom for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to Maria and her delicious Chocolate Coconut Chex Mix. Thanks for the delicious recipe Maria! Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about Maria! Because while it looks like it's about the newest version of muddy buddies , it's really all about honoring our fellow blogger and friend Maria. Keep up the good work Maria! You are a great example of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the muddy buddies for fun, because really, this is all about you. This post is for you. The sauce is just a nice little addition, like a present for you. The whole purpose of me writing this is to honor you. Not the muddy buddies. Because this is all about you. The whole reason of my blog is so I can honor bloggers like you. I do the recipes just to attract people here so they can see what a truly amazing personality you have. I hope you aren't angry that I edited your photos. The only reason I did it is so that I can compare the differences between our recipes and show that even though we're different, we're both awesome. Again, I hope you're not angry that I honored you like this. That is why I edited your photo, to honor you and show how cool you are. I hope I can grow up and make as many cool things as you.Once again, if you are offended by me editing your photos, well think of it like this. This is just a shout out to you, like many bloggers do with their friends at the bottom of their posts.
Now here's a question: What time is it? Before & After Time!
Here's Maria's
and mine


No comments:
Post a Comment