Not this year. Oh no, I've never been so relieved for summer to come.
This year my birthday is the day before the last day of school. Last year it was the last day of school.
Only that week was horrible because I got sick with the worst sickness I'd ever had.
It was like a combination of strep throat and something else I can't remember (maybe the flu?), so I was double sick. It was awful having to miss the last week when we had tons of fun.
I missed yearbook signing, field day, a fun assembly/pep rally, and lots of other stuff too. I finally came on the last day of school. I wasn't really better, still kind of weak, but no way was I going to miss everything.
I came to school and got my yearbook and a cash reward for being the outstanding reader of the grade. It was tons of fun, but I'll always remember the talent show.
The talent show was cool. One of the acts that I LOVED was this one. But the one that's the most memorable was when the fire alarm went off.
Some girls were dancing to Domino (they were super talented by the way), and when they were dropping to do the splits the fire alarm goes off. The funniest part was the total look of confusion on their faces, and everyone elses! We were all wondering if this was planned or what, they wouldn't have a fire drill in the talent show so it was probably real.
Anyways we went outside and then came back in and the girls had to start all over. I feel kind of bad for them because everyone was too rowdy thinking about the surprise drill to really watch the dance.
Anyways, I don't know what that has to do with this, but this is hands-down THE BEST ice cream float I've EVER had. Seriously.
Birthday Cake Soda Float
Vanilla soda with birthday cake ice cream.
Ingredients:
- vanilla soda
- birthday cake ice cream
- sprinkles
- Scoop ice cream into glass.
- Add soda.
- Garnish with sprinkles and serve.
I came up with this on the bus when I was on the bus half listening to my friend (I know, I'm a bad friend) And it is awesome!
I was trying to think of how you could have different flavors of floats. I kept thinking of soda flavors and then it hit me.
Ice cream! Any ice cream paired with the right soda creates a whole new flavor of ice cream floats! There are limitless possibilites.
I used Kroger Deluxe Birthday Cake Ice Cream. I've talked about how awesome it is before. Seriously, best ice cream ever. And then I used Shasta for the soda. I like them the best because I'm always 100% sure that there's no caffeine. Plus they have awesome flavors. But you can use any vanilla soda, vanilla coke, vanilla creme, as long as it's got vanilla, you're good!
I've done it again guys, merging photos. I think you'll see this more and more often because I like how it makes it look like a totally different photo, and I can tailor it to make it look a lot more like what I made, and what you can expect when you make it.
I merged some photos from Desserts with Benefits with pictures from Fast Drink Recipes. I made them say Birthday Cake Float at the bottom for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to both websites. They're both really great ones in fact, with great cake batter drinks. Fast Drink Recipes had a cake batter protein shake (have got to get this to my mom! healthy + cake batter = best compromise ever!) and Jessica made a Cake Batter Smoothie. Both are healthy! Score!! Thanks for the delicious recipe guys! Everyone, go check them out! While it looks like it's about one of my best ideas eeeeeeever, it's really all about honoring our fellow bloggers and friends Jessica and Admin. Keep up the good work you two! You guys are great examples of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the float for fun, because really, this is all about you. This post is for you. The float is just a nice little addition, like a present for you. The whole purpose of me writing this is to honor you. Not the float. Because this is all about you. The whole reason of my blog is so I can honor bloggers like you. I do the recipes just to attract people here so they can see what a truly amazing personality you have. I hope you aren't angry that I edited your photos. The only reason I did it is so that I can compare the differences between our recipes and show that even though we're different, we're both awesome. Again, I hope you're not angry that I honored you like this. That is why I edited your photo, to honor you and show how cool you are. I hope I can grow up and make as many cool things as you.Once again, if you are offended by me editing your photos, well think of it like this. This is just a shout out to you, like many bloggers do with their friends at the bottom of their posts.
Here's my "recipe" of sorts.
+
+ awesome blogger/secret baker and Picmonkey
=

Bye lovelies!

That photo merge looks cool!
ReplyDelete