IT'S THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!
I'm crazy happy. Deliriously.
This was one awesome week! Because
1. It was my birthday
2. As a result of my birthday it was cake batter week
3. It was the last week of school
4. As a result of the last week of school we had tons of fun.
So let's first talk about cake batter week.
1. I made homemade marshmallows! I love them so much, I don't think I'll ever go back to store-bought ones. Of course, the ones I made are cake batter. And what do you do with cake batter marshmallows? Cake Batter S'mores!

2. I'm starting to like soda more and more now. Between these root beer muddy buddies, my new birthday cake float, and Shasta's new Fiesta Punch (watermelon pineapple soda) I think it might be showing up here a little more.

3. Speaking of Shasta, have you seen their California Dreamin'? It's basically soda that tastes like a creamsicle. #ithinki'vedied&gone2heaven
4. Because of the last day of school, there were lots of finals at the beginning of the week. And I'd kind of already spent all my energy on the cake batter marshmallows, and I needed something easy. Enter funfetti puffy bar cakes. OhMyGoodness it's the best one yet!

5. Then to celebrate the day of my birthday, I did a huge cake batter round-up. And I mean huge, it had 100 recipes. With more to spare.

You should check it out if you know what I mean.
Now, the last days of school!
6. I'm on the yearbook staff, I think I might have mentioned it before (normally I'd add a link to the post where I talked about it but I don't really want to go searching for it right now, so just pretend. Or if you're bored you can go look through the archives for it.)
Anyways, the yearbooks arrived on Wednesday. We got called down to the office and spent our 7th hour packaging them and delivering boxes to teachers with strict instructions not to let any students see. And yet my third hour teacher took it out and showed everyone and tempted them. Hmm, wonder how that misunderstanding happened.
7. On Thursday things really started getting fun. We had the awards assembly. I would have won an English award but I switched classes in the last trimester, jeopardizing my chance of getting an award in either class. But my friend got an award in math, woo-hoo! I'm glad at least one of us can understand that stuff :).
The only bad part about that was the band teacher had the idea to have all the bands perform. In the middle of the assembly. It had nothing to do with awards. Everyone was super bored and no one really listened.
Then we signed yearbooks. I had lots of fun with my friend all day.
I love our yearbooks. I'm so happy they're here! I think the cover could have been better, but it's not bad.
I got lots of autographs this year, front, back, and the autograph page (which I designed).
I made the table of contents pages. I did lots of others too, but just look at this one.
Ain't it purty? I love the rainbow background, and yes, I'm the one with the finger in the nose. Don't worry, it's not real! And if you look in the 7A picture I circled myself.
We watched our school's play, Suessical the Musical. Not exactly one I would have chosen, but they performed it well. We had to walk to the church behind our school. I liked watching the play, it was pretty entertaining.
8. Friday was fun too. We had our school talent show. It was awesome, even better than last years! They had this super talented hula-hooping girl. It was almost like a dance, and way cooler than it sounds. They had a couple of boys who could ride unicycles. And they also had musical numbers, Part of your world from Little Mermaid (the girl performed it beautifully!) Dumb Song(looove it), Journey West, Waterfall, Think of Me, and lots of others. One that I really liked was when they had one girl who's a class clown, who also happens to be Hawaiian, do the hula. She did it really well, but then they had some boys drag her off. Then they had a flash mob, then she came back . . . basically it was hilarious. They had some girls from the dance factory. Holy talent. Basically, there were lots of awesome acts.
After that you could either watch softball or dance. Me and my friend stayed in to dance. We just messed around on the bleachers but it was fun, stealing nerds from each other and racing up and down.
Then we had lunch. I had cotton candy & a hot dog. Then we kind of got bored and just walked around. Then we watched people go down the slipn'slide, giggled while we texted underneath a jacket. I sang into a mini fake microphone, slid down the hill with our jackets, and just had fun. And , oh yeah, I got sunburned.
Then we went down and played carnival games (ohmygosh I love truth or dare! especially when I get to pick the dares) Then everyone cried and hugged and it was awkward and we went home.
Freedom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now we'll talk about the birthday part of it.
9. Thursday morning was my birthday. I got to go early in the morning to the store with my friend and buy donuts. We ate one in the car, and then ate them at lunch. Nothing beats a donut. I got lots of presents from my family, like trident gum (only kind allowed with braces besides the nasty xylitol) my favorite licorice , and the new kind of oreos.
10. Friday I had my friend come over for a late-over. She gave me awesome stuff, a B&BW gift card, powdered donuts, twix, and something else I forgot.
And then my mom brought out the big gun.
Yep, that's right, I got a camera! Now I can take my own food pictures! It's a Nikon, and I love it soooo much. I'm trying to figure it out still, but you can expect totally different posts soon.
So, the lateover pretty much rocked. We played bocce, which was actually a lot more fun than I anticipated. We played with my brother and sister and then . . . we had an accident.
It was my fault. I jumped onto the trampoline really hard when my little sister was on it. She flew up and we think she hit her leg on the metal part. It's fractured. She's really crabby and can't walk on it. She has a splint for a week, and then she'll have a cast for six weeks that will finally come off right before the 4th of July. Sorry Cebey! :(
I feel like this for you
Sorry sweetie!
Anyways, we had my cake, it was awesome, I ate too much. Then we watched AFV. We played games in the dark. It was really fun. She was going to come over for breakfast, but my dad had to take Cebey to get x-rays on her leg.
Anyways, sorry for the hugely long post. More info on the camera/pictures soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment