Friday, May 17, 2013

Gooey Butter Cake Milkshake

Gooey Butter Cake Milkshake from Occasional Indulgences Handbook - a milkshake that tastes just like the New Orleans treat!  #recipe #drink
So, the last time I made gooey butter cake it was kind of a disaster.

The actual cake turned out fine, it was totally delicious! But my hair got stuck in the KitchenAid, if you want the full story, go here.

Anyways, I learned from that.

1. Gooey Butter Cakes rock and are not as intimidating as they seem.
2. Always have hair in a ponytail when cooking.
3. Always bake cookies for less time than called for. Always bake bars for more time than called for.
4. Let things set up.

Gooey butter cake is super scrumptious. I made it a while ago, but didn't make it for a reeeaaaaallly long time because it's super rich, and I always eat tons of dessert, rich or not. As a result, my tummy wasn't too happy. It takes a lot more time to bake than other things I usually make, like dips, pies or cookies. And also there was that traumatic experience.

This milkshake has actual gooey butter cake in it, along with some cake mix and cream cheese frosting, so it's packed with flavor. I just used a cake that I'd made a couple days leftover (I hid froze the leftovers), but you can always go the store bought route and get one from a bakery.

Anyways, you really should try this milkshake, it's awesome!

Gooey Butter Cake Milkshake

A milkshake with packed with gooey butter cake flavor from slices of cake, cake mix and frosting.

Serves: 1    Total Time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
  • 4 scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
  • about 1/2 cup (3-4 slices)of gooey butter cake 
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup yellow cake mix
  • 1/3 cup cream cheese frosting (I used canned)
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar 
Directions:
  1. In a blender combine all ingredients. Blend until smooth, and serve. 
Notes: I used canned frosting. This is best served right when you make it, otherwise it will start to melt.

Adapted from The Novice Chef


I'm super busy (as usual) so let's just go straight to the credit.

I edited some photos by Be Splendid. I made them say gooey butter cake milkshake at the bottom for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to Boya and her delicious Banana Milkshake. Thanks for the delicious recipe Boya! Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about Boya! Because while it looks like it's about the newest milkshake in town , it's really all about honoring our fellow blogger and friend Boya. Keep up the good work Boya! You are a great example of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the milkshake for fun, because really, this is all about you. This post is for you. The milkshake is just a nice little addition, like a present for you. The whole purpose of me writing this is to honor you. Not the milkshake. Because this is all about you. The whole reason of my blog is so I can honor bloggers like you. I do the recipes just to attract people here so they can see what a truly amazing personality you have. I hope you aren't angry that I edited your photos. The only reason I did it is so that I can compare the differences between our recipes and show that even though we're different, we're both awesome. Again, I hope you're not angry that I honored you like this. That is why I edited your photo, to honor you and show how cool you are. I hope I can grow up and make as many cool things as you.Once again, if you are offended by me editing your photos, well think of it like this. This is just a shout out to you, like many bloggers do with their friends at the bottom of their posts.  

It's Before & After time!
Here's Boya's


And mine   Gooey Butter Cake Milkshake from Occasional Indulgences Handbook - a milkshake that tastes just like the New Orleans treat!  #recipe #drink 

Mine is more yellow and has a slice of gooey butter cake on the glass. And guess what I just noticed! This isn't really Boya's recipe! She was just sharing something from The Kitchnn! Just like I'm sharing her blog! We must think alike! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...