Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Funfetti Puffy Bar Cakes


I know I'm starting to sound like a broken record lately but . . .

I've been really busy lately and barely have time for anything. So what do you do when you have no time for an oven but need to kick that funfetti craving?

You make puffy bar cakes.

Simple, buttery, airy, puffy bar cakes.

I decided I really need to re-do this recipe because the first instructions weren't very good. The need for some modifications was the perfect opportunity to make a cake batter version.

And yes, this is totally my favorite version by far. Better than the original and red velvet one combined.

With only a few ingredients, and only a few seconds, there's no reason not to make these!

Funfetti Cake Batter Puffy Bar Cakes 

A puffy airy bar that's a cross between a brownie and a cake, this funfetti version will win your heart over for sure!

Prep Time: 1 min.   Cook Time: 2 min.  Total Time: 3 min. 

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 cake mix
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup of butter (1/2 stick)
Directions:
  1. Combine ingredients until dough like consistency. 
  2. Scoop into small balls, like half the size of a cookie dough ball.
  3. Put on a microwave safe plate. These spread a lot, so space them accordingly. Cook in the microwave from 30 seconds - 2 minutes.
  4. Check them periodically, they're done when the outsides look crisp and there's only the tiniest bit of dough in the middle. Let cool, then serve. 
Notes: Do not use 1/2 cup of cake mix, use half a box of cake mix. These can be a little greasy , so use a little less than 1/4 cup.


Let's move on to the credits!

I edited some photos by Spill The Beans. I made them say funfetti puffy bar cakes at the bottom for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to Sheila and her delicious Frozen Funfetti Bars, which will be made around these parts soon. Like ASAP. Thanks for the delicious recipe Sheila! Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about Sheila! Because while it looks like it's about a super easy (not to mention delicious) hybrid of cake and brownie that tastes like cake batter, it's really all about honoring our fellow blogger and friend Sheila. Keep up the good work Shiela! You are a great example of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the puffy bar cake for fun, because really, this is all about you. This post is for you. The puffy bar cake is just a nice little addition, like a present for you. The whole purpose of me writing this is to honor you. Not the puffy bar cake. Because this is all about you. The whole reason of my blog is so I can honor bloggers like you. I do the recipes just to attract people here so they can see what a truly amazing personality you have. I hope you aren't angry that I edited your photos. The only reason I did it is so that I can compare the differences between our recipes and show that even though we're different, we're both awesome. Again, I hope you're not angry that I honored you like this. That is why I edited your photo, to honor you and show how cool you are. I hope I can grow up and make as many cool things as you.Once again, if you are offended by me editing your photos, well think of it like this. This is just a shout out to you, like many bloggers do with their friends at the bottom of their posts


You guys should know by now what's coming. Before & After Time!


Here's Sheila's
It's a beautiful photo to start with, but let's see what I did with it.

Here's the final product!



Go say hi to Sheila, and make these bar cakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...