Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Homemade Tigger Tail Pops (Disney Copycat) Tutorial

Disneyland Copycat Tigger Tail Pops from Occasional Indulgences Handbook - how to make one of the favorite treats from Disneyland!
I love toasted marshmallows.

I can remember not very long ago (like, two months ago) secretly toasting marshmallows over the stove while everyone else was watching a movie.

Ah, my guilty pleasures.

I have a lot, way too numerous to list here, so instead, let's take a really short trip down memory lane.

Do you guys remember my Tigger Tail Ice Cream?

I really need to remake it, but oh well. That was ice cream based on tigger tails from Disneyland.

Apparently, there's lots of restaurants at Disneyland. More than I can count.

There's one called Pooh's Corner. They sell lots of cutesy little things there, like mickey mouse candy apples, and my favorite, tigger tail pops.

It's four marshmallows covered with caramel, which is then coated in orange and black candy melts. Yum. So if you were to make something tigger tail flavored, it would be white chocolate, caramel and marshmallow. Killer combination.

Unfortunately, I have never been to Disneyland, so I've never tried these delicious things. But I found a way to make them at home by following this awesome tutorial by Christi.

I'm a super visual person, and I always love it when people do step by step tutorials, so I did one for you guys! All of these are Christi's photos unless specified otherwise.

Tigger Tail Pops
You will need: sticks (not like twigs, like lollipop sticks or toothpick type things), marshmallows, microwave safe caramel, two tablespoons of water, wax paper, cooking spray, white chocolate

1. Put three or four marshmallows on the stick.


2. Put caramel bits into a microwave safe bowl with two tablespoons of water.


3. Put it in for about a minute and thirty seconds, it depends on your microwave, you just want to get it melted.
 

4. Spray wax paper with cooking spray. A LOT of cooking spray, or else you will be stuck scraping caramel off for eternity. There are times like these when I wish I had a silpat (if you have one TOTALLY use that in place of the wax paper! it will make your life a lot easier) 

 Remember, you need a lot of cooking spray, or this will happen.
 

5. The caramel is pretty sticky. I found that mine was too sticky, so I added more water and put it back in the microwave. Even so, it's really hard to dip the pops in it, so brush it on with your pastry brush.

Putting the pastry brush in hot water helps to make the caramel spread smoother.

6. Now you just let them set up. I'm super impatient and stuck them in the freezer, and that sped it along quite nicely. You don't want it to be hard though, just nice and firm.


7. Once it sets up, you have to pull it off. If your marshmallows are sticking to the paper and looking like this
then you want to put it in the fridge until it comes off like this.
 

8. Then you dip them in orange candy melts, which pretty much tastes like white chocolate. (This picture comes from Rogers Neighborhood)


9. Then drizzle dark chocolate on top in stripes. So then it will look just like something from disneyland! (this photo was actually taken from a disneyland one, and it's from the Disney Food Blog



Now bite into it, mmm look at all that goodness.


I edited some photos by The Disney Food Blog. I made them say Disneyland Copycat Tigger Tail Pops at the top for my own purposes. This post is just a shout out to AJ and AJ's awesome clarification between tigger tails and tiger tails. Thanks for the clarification Aj! Everyone, go check it out! Because this post is all about AJ! Because while it looks like it's about how to make some of the most delicious treats ever known to mankind (seriously, there's white chocolate caramel and marshmallow all in one) , it's really all about honoring our fellow blogger and friend AJ. Keep up the good work AJ! You are a great example of blogging and I just wanted to dedicate this post to you. That is why I wrote this post. I just wrote about the tigger tails for fun, because really, this is all about you. This post is for you. The tigger tails are just a nice little addition, like a present for you. The whole purpose of me writing this is to honor you. Not the tigger tails. Because this is all about you. The whole reason of my blog is so I can honor bloggers like you. I do the recipes just to attract people here so they can see what a truly amazing personality you have. I hope you aren't angry that I edited your photos. The only reason I did it is so that I can compare the differences between our recipes and show that even though we're different, we're both awesome. Again, I hope you're not angry that I honored you like this. That is why I edited your photo, to honor you and show how cool you are. I hope I can grow up and make as many cool things as you.Once again, if you are offended by me editing your photos, well think of it like this. This is just a shout out to you, like many bloggers do with their friends at the bottom of their posts

You guys know what time it is, right? No? Seriously? Well, it's before and after time!

Here's AJ's                                                

 

and mine

Anyways, I totally love this new flavor, and you can definitely expect some tigger tail stuff coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...