The only bad thing about them, is they melt.
So, lots of people have come up with solutions like this.
Buuuuut, think of all that wasted juice in the liner? If you love popsicles as much I do, you don't want any wasted juice stuff.
So, I've invented . . .
unmeltable popsicles!
Genius right? You just use jello! I came up with this because I had some strawberry jello that needed to be used up, and it would be perfect for the 4th of July. And summer=popsicles, perfect!
It's just strawberry jello, blueberry jello, and white stuff. The white stuff is sweetened condensed milk and unflavored gelatin. These are super good, and so thrifty!
Desserts aren't really 'thrifty' things, but these are really helpful. I mean, hello, you can eat them as long as you want and they won't melt. If you left them out for an hour or something they might get soft, but definitely won't melt.
Anyways, I'll stop talking (typing?) because I need to go do some 4th of July stuff.
Make the popsicles!
Unmeltable Red White & Blue Popsicles
Popsicles that can't melt? Too good to be true! Almost, these are unmeltable and perfect for the summer heat, and patriotic for the 4th, perfect!
Ingredients:
- small box of red jello
- small box of blue jello
- 1 packet unflavored gelatin
- 1 1/4 cups (1/2 can) sweetened condensed milk
- water
- Follow the directions on the box of red jello. Pour it into popsicle molds, about 1/3 of the way in. Put in the sticks, and freeze.
- Bring 1 1/2 c. of water to a boil. While the water is heating, sprinkle 2 packets of unflavored gelatin over 1/2 c. of cold water. Allow to stand for about 4 minutes. When the water is boiling, pour 1 1/2 c. boiling water over the dissolved gelatin and stir to combine. Add the sweetened condensed milk and mix well. Allow to come to room temperature, then pour on top of the red jello until it is 2/3 full. Be careful not to hit the popsicle sticks or else they will get sticky.
- When the popsicles are set up (it doesn't have to be frozen, just set up) prepare the blue jello by following directions on the box. Pour on top of the white jello until it's almost full. You don't want it to spill over.
- Freeze the blue jello until the whole pop is done. Don't run it under hot water to get it out, that makes it soft, just let them sit out for a little bit until you can pull them out. Or if you don't care about looks, just pull them out immediately.
* don't run it under hot water to get it out.
* small boxes work best for this because you don't need a lot of extra jello.
These are easy and delicious, and they're also super versatile! You can change them for different holidays and make lots of different flavors.
The only thing is you want these to not get soft. You don't want to run it under hot water (how I usually get popsicles out)
Anyways, these are just awesome desserts. I mean, what kid doesn't love popsicles? And, a popsicle that's unmeltable, too cool!
So, you should be convinced by now that you need to make these. So I'm gonna leave now.
Bye!
No comments:
Post a Comment