They were awesome flavors (watermelon and root beer) and tasted really good.
I sort of wanted to make my own at home and then I learned that homemade candy is not for me. No fudge, no suckers, nothing.
It's the candy thermometers. I just can't handle them. I go into panic mode when I have to use them. And all the stirring, ugh.
But, homemade stuff is always better than store bought. No bad preservatives or anything right? And you guys know I'm all about being healthy (hahahahahahahaha!) So, homemade candy is good for you.
Right?
So, if' I'm going to make candy, it better be dang easy.
Every time I've made homemade candy, it's only one ingredient.
Seriously. See these candy corn suckers? Just melted candy corn (BTW they taste AMAZING)
So, these are pretty much just cotton candy in another form.
Super easy and tons of fun.
You can pretend you're a magic wizard and you turned cotton candy into these
You just take the cotton candy and roll it into a ball. Really tightly. It makes it kind of crunchy and has a super cool texture.
You know how cotton candy melts in your mouth super fast? Melt no more! Well it still will, but more slowly so you can savor it, like a jolly rancher or something.
These are so good and super easy to make. Next time you get cotton candy make these!
It'll be worth it.
Cotton Candy Hard Candy
The easiest candy ever! This is a fun way to enjoy cotton candy, crunchy!
Prep Time: 15 sec. Total Time: 30 sec.
Ingredients:
- cotton candy
- Pull a large tuft of cotton candy, a little larger than the size of an i-pod.
- Squish it into a ball. There might be cracks, that's okay, it'll taste fine!
- Serve. They stay good for about a week, then they get really hard and turn more like a jolly rancher and kind of lose their crunchiness.
*if you want these to be pretty, grab a smaller tuft and cover up the cracks with that.
These are less of hard candy and are more of crunchy candy. I like them that way, but if you want them to be really hard (like a butterscotch disk) put them in a place where they'll be dry and can kind of air out (like a cabinet). Then you can suck on them. They're both good, for lots of different reasons.
Either way, these are delicious and can't be beat. My sister and I ate all of them right after the photo shoot. Whoops! Sorry family!
Have fun with cotton candy!
And just because I can't get enough of hand shots . . .
There ya go!
No comments:
Post a Comment