Saturday, July 13, 2013

Bites of Craziness #2

    Bites of Craziness
I haven't done Bites of Craziness for-ever!

So, just in case you guys have forgotten, this is where I share a couple of recent posts, talk about things that have been going on, products I like, tips, etc.

Let's get started!



1. Summer is being a naughty little lady and speeding up. She's supposed to go slow, slow and easy and last forever! June lasted a while, and now July is here and it's going super fast! Hello, July is already half over! There's only 5 weeks till school starts!!! (those aren't happy exclamation marks, they're, oh no the world has pretty much totally ended!!!)

2. I tried doing frosting & cake mix in muddy buddies and . . . I love them! I'm dying for some new variations, the frosting just gives them the softest/sweetest texture!
                     #Patriotic Red Velvet Cream Cheese Muddy Buddies - these are so fun & festive, and super addictive! They have a soft melt in your mouth texture, and taste just like a slice of cake! #recipe

3. I'm seriously thinking about switching the blog. Because no one can find this on google, and the last time a REAL person looked at it (not family!) was the very beginning of June. And, this name is a little long. Your Everyday Occasional Indulgences Handbook. Awesome sounding, but super long looking. I'd be able to generate a lot more traffic, and just have a lot more fun. But, I've also worked super hard on this website, promoting my recipes on pinterest, the recipe index, etc. What do you think?

4. TWINKIES ARE COMING BACK!!!! The world pretty much fell apart when twinkies disappeared, I mean, look at this. And this. And this. And all of these.

When twinkies disappeared, I gave them a big twinkie funeral. To celebrate their rebirth, I'm going to do some twinkie recipes!

5. I finally got my hands on some cake batter oreos. Of course, they couldn't be eaten alone. So I made . . .
                  Cake Batter S'moreos - s'mores with a double twist! These take s'mores to the next level using cake batter oreos, they're SO good and full of flavor, and so easy!
They are AMAZING. You should go to the store and buy the oreos so you can make them. Like, right now. Seriously, go!

6. I went to Lagoon! It was awesome! This wasn't my first time going, but it was the funnest. I left my camera in the car though, so no pictures. Sorry! The last time I went, my friend had us go on all the scary rides. Luckily, my brothers are just as chicken as I am, so it was fine. When we got here, they were all "I'm totally going on Wicked!" When we got off the rollercoaster (the old white one) they said "No way am I going on Wicked!" It was so so SO much fun! A couple of rides that were awesome . . .
  • the bat. I hate anything scary, but this is one everyone will love! It's sort of scary, but not that much. They have you in seats, but your feet can dangle, sort of like a carseat, and they have you zoom all over. It kind of feels like your flying, we loved it! 
  • Rattlesnake Rapids. A trip to Lagoon is not complete without this. It was super fun. 
  • Hydro-Luge. This was my very favorite ride, so so so SO fun! You MUST go on this one. It's a waterslide with a raft you can sit on. The black slide was super fun, it's pitch black with all these little white lights, and then there's a drop (it's not scary, I promise!) It's just super fun. 
  • Turn of the Century. I really liked this one, and that's kind of all I have to say. 
  • Paratrooper. This one is super fun, but it lasted way. too. long. It was because we were lucky and there was no line, so we just went and went and went until I felt like I was going to puke. So, if Lagoon is packed, totally go on this one, if not, got on something else! 
There are tons more that I can't remember, either way it was awesome. The best days to go to Lagoon is when it looks cloudy/rainy. It was like this both times I've gone, it always warms up, but there's no one at the park! The lines were all super short, and when it got hot and people were coming, we were all wondering why this one ride was so long.

Anyways, Lagoon is cool and you should go.

7. I invented popsicles that can't melt! They're patriotic too, perfect for the 4th! Me and my cousins loved them! Their secret is . . . jello! If you leave them out for a while, then, yes, they might get soft, but they won't ever melt, so you can take as long as you want and not have any sticky drips!
                                    Unmeltable Red, White & Blue Popsicles -only 4 easy ingredients for popsicles that last all day long!

8. I went down for a week to my grandparents house. It was lots of fun, and I made some brownies (that will be coming soon). We went to the play Ragtime, and I really like it. They also gave me watermelon jello, so be expecting some watermelon fun soon!
                                            
I can tell my package is super old, it says X-treme Watermelon Jello, and there are no pictures of it anywhere!

9. I tried making some pudding mousse with the white chocolate pudding I have, and it was SO good! It's light and fluffy, and tastes just like a snickerdoodle, that got pumped up with white chocolate and toffee. You HAVE to try it! It's easy and crazy good.
                                     White Choc Toffee-Doodle Pudding #Mousse by Occasional Indulgences Handbook - this is crazy good, and SO easy, only takes 3 minutes!

10. Be sure to follow my Kid's board on pinterest for tons of summer fun ideas!

How's your summer going?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...