Saturday, July 6, 2013

Cake Batter S'moreos

Cake Batter S'moreos - s'mores with a double twist! These take s'mores to the next level using cake batter oreos, they're SO good and full of flavor, and so easy!
Do you remember in February, the Oreo people made a birthday cake oreo?

When I heard about it, I went crazy. Obviously, I have to try this Oreo, and the fact that it's limited makes it even more so.

I pleaded with my dad to pick some up for me when he got home from a wrestling match with my brothers. I ran to the door and grabbed the box only to see . . .

Berry Burst Ice Cream Oreos.

Don't get me wrong, they were good, but certainly no birthday cake Oreo. By the time I could get to the store, they had been replaced with chocolate mint triple something.

So, I had to wait another year, and then I tasted it. And it was awesome. The only thing was, the cake flavor wasn't too strong because the chocolate cookie sort of overpowered it. So, I thought, wouldn't it be cool if they had a golden oreo with this filling in the middle? I was going to blog about it, but never could actually do the experiment.

And then? The Oreo people got smart and stole my idea. But it was okay because now I wouldn't have to do Oreo surgery or buy two boxes of Oreos.

So, I immediately bought them. We were at my grandparents house and roasted marshmallows. I had the idea . . . the cake batter s'moreo!

Cake Batter S'moreos - s'mores with a double twist! These take s'mores to the next level using cake batter oreos, they're SO good and full of flavor, and so easy!
So, I tried it and . . . it was amazing. Like, super duper amazingly mind blowing out of this world delicious.
                    Cake Batter S'moreos - s'mores with a double twist! These take s'mores to the next level using cake batter oreos, they're SO good and full of flavor, and so easy!
It was so so so good, and I couldn't wait to blog about it at home. I saved the box all through the drive home. 

I was totally ready to redo the cake batter s'moreos, and then . . .
Cake Batter S'moreos - s'mores with a double twist! These take s'mores to the next level using cake batter oreos, they're SO good and full of flavor, and so easy!
My little brother attacked. He ate the whole box. True, there were only 3 left, but I'm sure I could have made it work.

But, I knew that you guys needed these in your life, so I bought another box.

It was the right choice, don't you think?
Cake Batter S'moreos - s'mores with a double twist! These take s'mores to the next level using cake batter oreos, they're SO good and full of flavor, and so easy!
Cake Batter S'moreos
 An American classic with a twist. A s'more turned s'moreo get's changed up with the golden cake batter oreos, delicious!
Ingredients: 
  • Golden Cake Batter Oreos
  • marshmallows
  • milk chocolate squares
Directions:
  1. Take apart the oreos. 
  2. Toast the marshmallows. You can do this lots of ways, over a fire, in an oven, or my favorite, over a stovetop with roasting sticks. 
  3. Put the toasted marshmallow on the oreo. Add the chocolate. Smoosh it, and bite into heaven. 
  Cake Batter S'moreos - s'mores with a double twist! These take s'mores to the next level using cake batter oreos, they're SO good and full of flavor, and so easy!
I've actually done cake batter s'mores before, during cake batter week.

I personally like these a lot more because . . .
Those have homemade marshmallows, which were insanely delicious and was like eating bites of heaven, but required lots of work. Which isn't exactly my favorite thing.
The marshmallows melt a lot easier, and I just like oreos a lot more than marshmallows.

These are super easy, insanely crazy good run to the store right now for the ingredients delicious, and festive!

Go make them!

Seriously!
       Cake Batter S'moreos - s'mores with a double twist! These take s'mores to the next level using cake batter oreos, they're SO good and full of flavor, and so easy!

And just because I love hand shots . . .
                             Cake Batter S'moreos - s'mores with a double twist! These take s'mores to the next level using cake batter oreos, they're SO good and full of flavor, and so easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...