I always knew about it, I just didn't know what to call it.
Ashton from Something Swanky coined the term.
What it is is a mixture of cool whip & pudding that has a light and fluffy texture, similar to a mousse.
Only pudding mousse is way waaaaaaay better. For one thing, it is so ridiculously simple, essentially it's only 3 ingredients. And there are so many different flavor combinations. You can take any pudding, any milk, any add-ins, any cake mix and make a totally new dessert!
So, this sort of inspired by these White Chocolate Toffee-Doodles. Don't they sound yummy? I love doodle anything, cocodoodles, snickerdoodles, pumperdoodles, and now toffeedoodles.
I had a box of white chocolate pudding laying around, but I didn't know what to do with it. When I saw those cookies, my mind jumped to that pudding. Except for I didn't have toffee.
My dad took me to the store to buy ingredients (he paid for them, awesome right?) and I made a bee-line for the baking isle. By the way, in case you were wondering, baking stuff is in a totally different isle than the candy section. I spent a long time aimlessly wandering around looking for cinnamon chips.
Anyways, these were so worth the wait. It was amazing! It was really easy and tasted super good. It was creamy and tasted just like a mousse, you couldn't tell a difference in texture at all. The flavor was awesome too, just like a snickerdoodle with a hint of white chocolate flavor.
The only downside was the toffee bits. Now, don't worry, they were fantastic and tasted all toffee-ish and caramelly, but I had just gotten my wires for my braces switched. Quite violently in fact. (P.S, it involved lasers and buttons) My teeth were really sore, and the toffee was like a bittersweet ending, awesome flavor, but crunching it killed me.
This doesn't mean sugar hurts your teeth. Because carrots hurt it too. Just putting it out there for any dentists, moms or sugar haters (you guys are crazy, who can hate sugar? Or this?)
My whole family loved this, even my healthy mom ate it! And my little sister literally licked the bowl clean. You guys just HAVE to try this, it's amazing.
And easy and crunchy and snickerdoodley and creamy and fluffy and just make the darn mousse!
White Chocolate Toffee Doddle Pudding Mousse
This dessert is light and fluffy, and so simple! It's packed with snickerdoodle flavor, with crunchy bites of toffee in between, heaven!
Ingredients:
- 1 small package of white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1 1/4 c. milk
- 8 oz. tub of cool whip
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/2 tbsp. flour
- pinch of cream of tartar (see notes)
- 3-5 tablespoons toffee
- Whisk together the milk and pudding mix until thick.
- Whisk in cool whip. Use a rubber spatula to make sure all of the pudding from the bottom of the bowl has been incorporated.
- Whisk in the cinnamon, flour and cool whip.
- Stir in toffee. Chill if desired, or serve immediately.
*you only want a tiny amount of cream of tartar, if you add just a little too much it will ruin the whole thing with a sour/bitter taste. Add about 1/16 of a teaspoon, just get a 1/4 teaspoon and add a fraction of it, you really don't need too much because it has a strong flavor.
*you can add more or less toffee until it gets to what you want
*you want room temperature cool whip, or just cool whip with a normal consistency. Do not microwave frozen cool whip, it can turn out really bad. If you do, take it out every couple of seconds and stir it, watch it really carefully.
*this will stay good in a fridge for about 2-3 days if covered. If you got spit in it (eew) by double dipping, etc., then it will only be good 1 day.
Adapted from Something Swanky
We watched some little girls the day I made it. They were awesome photo helpers!
They held up the blanket and held spoons for a couple of pictures.
Although I've never had such a wiggly background, it was fun to have others than my family like what I made.
And if you can't tell, the pudding mousse made them smile.
And if you make it, I'm pretty sure you'll smile too.

No comments:
Post a Comment