Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Cake Batter Cup Blossoms

So, I love the Dollar Store. I've talked about it before, like, a lot, including here. They sell so many things there, it's the only place I can find cotton candy! (although they've strangely gone out of stock right when I needed it)

I found a GIANT Reese's Cup there. It weighed 1/4 pound! So I love their PB cup selection.

Then they added these.

I blogged about it a couple of days ago because I was super excited. 

When I saw them, my brain kind of exploded,  I mean, it's everything you can do with a Reese's, only cake batter!

Just so you know, I already came up with this idea. I was thinking like liquid caramel chocolate type thing, only instead of liquid caramel, there's liquid cake batter stuff.

So they kind of stole this from my brain and made it lamer. Because there's isn't liquid, and there's no sprinkles.

Anyways, the first thing I made with them was PB cup blossoms, only instead of a peanut butter cookie with a mini Reese's, I did cake batter cookies (this recipe) with cake batter cups!
Only 1000 times better.

So, I've got a secret for you guys.

I've never made Reese's blossoms before. I know, crazy right, and I call myself a dessert blogger. But it's true, I never had, and after having these I probably never will.

But anyways, I wasn't really sure how to do these. When I stuck the candy in a normal cookie dough ball, I was shocked. It was tiny, I obviously had to make it way bigger. So I stuck to cookie doughs together and then added it. It looked just right!

But it didn't really bake just right. I sort of kind of forgot that, ahem, cookies spread. Uh, yeah, big mistake.

So I had to perform cookie surgery by freezing the cookies, pulling the candy out, melting a normal cookie with no candy in it (I accidentally ate half the bag) so it was soft, sticking the frozen candy in, anyways it was a big mess.

Also, I didn't know that you put the cups in at the end, so mine were really melty. 

But, I learned the right way to cook these so you can do it right the first time.

Don't thank me.
 Cake Batter Cup Blossoms
A cake batter version of the peanut butter blossom with cake mix cookies and cake batter cups. 
Ingredients:
  • 1 box funfetti cake mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 6 tablespoons of butter, softened
  • 2 bags of cake batter cups
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease a cookie sheet, set aside. 
  2. Combine cake mix, eggs, and butter until a dough consistency.
  3. Scoop into standard size balls on the sheet. 
  4. Bake for 8 minutes, then take out and press cake batter cup in. Bake for 1 more minute. 
  5. Take out, cool on a wire rack, then serve.
Notes: I got my cake batter cups at the dollar store. 6 tablespoons of butter is just 1 stick with about a finger size shaved off (a really fat finger!) I get the best results with Betty Crocker cake mix, but feel free to choose. 

So I figured out the best way to eat these. Wanna know what it is?
That's right, cookie sandwiches! Because then you can eat two cookies, and tell people your only eating one.

By the way, it's cake mix week!

I was going to apologize that all I've been doing these past three weeks is cake batter, but then I think , hey, just make it cake mix week and it's instantly justified!

Now, there might be an occasional non-cake mix thing or two, but for the most part it'll just be cake mix.

I've already done 2 weeks, only 1 more recipe left. I've made cake batter floats, funfetti puffy bar cakes, cake batter s'mores, chewy cake batter cookies, and now cake batter cup blossoms!

Have fun remixing cookies!
(Don't you just love my garden in the background? And my wrinkly fingers (that aren't really that bad in person!))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...