So, the most important thing, is the kind of cake mix you use. A couple of rules:
1. Don't use Devil's Food Cake Mix. Ever. Within an hour they'll be hard as rocks, and they don't have very good flavor to start with.
Okay, so only one rule. Also the brand of cake mix you use makes a difference too. I get the best results with Betty Crocker, and the worst with Western Family.
You don't want super oily cookies. You don't really need to add a whole stick of butter, only 6 tablespoons. And shortening makes thicker, softer cookies, but some people are against that because it's bad for you or something. I don't really know, you can choose.
Another trick to use when making cake mix cookies is the tall cookie trick from Sally's Baking Addiction. Now, I really think the brand you use has the biggest impact. I tried this trick with Western Family Chocolate and they were flat. I tried it with Betty Crocker Funfetti, and it was awesome.
Basically in the tall cookie trick, you want your cookies taller than they are wide, then they don't spread as much.
All these things kind of go into play. If you really want to go the extra mile and have the best cookies possible, chill the dough. Any bit helps, but at least an hour. I did it for 3 hours while I went to church, then came home and baked them. It isn't necessary, but will make easier clean up and thicker cookies.
These cookies were absolutely amazing. Seriously. They were so soft and chewy. Normally when I make cake mix cookies they're soft and gooey, kind of falling apart, but these were better. Thick, chewy, soft, buttery vanilla, they were perfect.
Easy Chewy Cake Batter Cookies
The softest, chewiest, thickest, and easiest cookies you'll ever have.
Ingredients:
- 1 funfetti cake mix (Betty Crocker is best)
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons of butter or shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a cookie sheet.
- Combine ingredients. Don't overmix.
- Chill if desired for 1-5 hours. Scoop rounded balls onto the sheet. Make sure they are taller than they are wide.
- Bake for 9-10 minutes until they're done. Cool on a wire rack.
So, when I was editing this, there were just so many good photos! I couldn't decide which one I wanted to be the title photo, so I did two! But the first photo is the best, just so you know.
And these cookies have sooooo many names.
Cake Mix Funfetti Cookies
Chewy Cake Batter Cookies
Easy Funfetti Cookies
3 Ingredient Cake Batter Cookies
Cake Mix Sprinkle Cookies
the list goes on and on. Anyways these are super good, and I can't say enough about them! Seriously, what are you waiting for?
No comments:
Post a Comment